Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello all,

In addition to a larger kickstand foot, which would be a plus for sure, how about designing a new, more versatile kickstand? How many times have you pulled into a parking space, or a driveway, or what-have-you, and the bike either leans too far over or stands too straight up? How many times have you had to push the beast backward, uphill, just so that the bike would lean properly and hold itself up? (Of course I'm not talking to the 1500/1800 with their "reverse" gear!). So here's my thought -

How about a dual level kickstand? I mean, surely there's a way to have a standard length kickstand, with a shorter kickstand mounted directly in front of it, right? That way, when you use the standard kickstand, you'd put it down, and you'd see the shorter one "nested" to the front of it; if you were on a slight incline, you could just put the shorter one down, and the longer one would stay up against the frame. That way you'd be able to park in a lot more places...or soone would think.

Am I crazy here, or does it sound reasonable to anyone else?

I'll work on working up a picture or daigram, if anyone is interested.

Jack

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
imported post

I have seen roll-off stands that mounted on the bike that had two legs, spring loaded feet. Lower the stand, back up, dismount. I seem to misremember them mounted on Gold Wings, mostly.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Ivanawphalytch wrote:
I have seen roll-off stands that mounted on the bike that had two legs, spring loaded feet. Lower the stand, back up, dismount. I seem to misremember them mounted on Gold Wings, mostly.
Oh, I've seen those, too, but those are mainly for level ground. I'm talking about a dual-level SIDE stand. Hmm, I guess I should have used the right terminology! "Kickstand"....geez, what am I, on a ten-speed? :) :)

Mea culpa...

Jack

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

I woud agree that the Wings side stands are not great, I would personally prefer to see one that locks out when put down, a bit like those on Harleys.

Interesting concept there with the two stand idea Jackand not a bad one at that, if I may say. :clapper:

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
I woud agree that the Wings side stands are not great, I would personally prefer to see one that locks out when put down, a bit like those on Harleys.

Interesting concept there with the two stand idea Jackand not a bad one at that, if I may say. :clapper:
Harleys have locking stands? Actually, that would be an improvement over ours, since ours could roll under if the bike were on a slight forward decline, or if some boob decided he wanted to sit on the bike while we're in the local grocery store or something and had no idea what he was doing.

That's another topic...how about some sort of, well, "Idiot deterrent" that would, I don't know - send a bit of an electric shock to the seat area if the alarm were set and enough weight were put on the seat? I know, it's not very nice, but... ;)

Jack

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
imported post

My bikes don't roll off the sidestand because I always leave it in first gear when I shut it down. Also makes for fast takeoffs when jealous boyfriends are after me.

:cheeky1:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.