Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
94 GL 1500
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks. I joined this forum 10 years ago, but this is my first post. I have a 1994 GL 1500 and it was difficult to find the relay to repair the reverse. Most shops around here will not work on a Goldwing over 10 years of age, and mine will be 29 years old. It has been great and has 117,000 miles, but time to sell it.
Question: What model year since 2017 should I stay away from?

·
Registered
94 GL 1500
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I forgot to mention, that we use the Phillips 66 , Conoco , Valero app because they give us a 25 cent discount/gallon
that is how we get $2.68

sorry to hear that, but i do understand the KaliFernia has a very high Tax/gallon?

View attachment 330944
There is an app here too that can save 10 cents/gallon, but it mostly shows stations were the prices are higher than others to start with.

·
Premium Member
81,942 Posts
Hallo renniegabriel

Welcome back on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Hi Folks. I joined this forum 10 years ago, but this is my first post. I have a 1994 GL 1500 and it was difficult to find the relay to repair the reverse. Most shops around here will not work on a Goldwing over 10 years of age, and mine will be 29 years old. It has been great and has 117,000 miles, but time to sell it.
Question: What model year since 2017 should I stay away from?

Welcome back.

Remember that your GL1500 is older than most of the technicians in the shop.

As far as what year to stay away from - NONE. They're all good. Find a deal that speaks to you and enjoy the next 100,000 miles.

·
Registered
94 GL 1500
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome back.

Remember that your GL1500 is older than most of the technicians in the shop.

As far as what year to stay away from - NONE. They're all good. Find a deal that speaks to you and enjoy the next 100,000 miles.
Thank you Windham Maine. I do recall that there was a year, like maybe 2006, where the frame would crack and they did have a recall. And I am looking at getting something that is only 3-5 years old, but still want to be cautious. And I got a laugh that my bike is older than some to the mechanics that could work on it.:)

·
Pwhoever
3,545 Posts
Things to think about... 2017 was the last year for what many consider the GL1800. And there are a few that still prefer that style. 2018 on up was a complete redesign and turned into more of a sport bike. It had smaller saddlebags and trunk. I believe in 2022 the trunk Iwas made bigger. It also came in either a 6 speed manual or the DCT (Automatic) that also offered different driving mode settings.

·
Pwhoever
3,545 Posts
Thank you Windham Maine. I do recall that there was a year, like maybe 2006, where the frame would crack and they did have a recall. And I am looking at getting something that is only 3-5 years old, but still want to be cautious. And I got a laugh that my bike is older than some to the mechanics that could work on it.

[/QUOT

It was actually the first year (2001) and maybe some of the second year that suffer from frame cracks. 2006 was the first year with the larger radiators as well as navigation in some models.

·
Registered
94 GL 1500
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Welcome back.
:)
Things to think about... 2017 was the last year for what many consider the GL1800. And there are a few that still prefer that style. 2018 on up was a complete redesign and turned into more of a sport bike. It had smaller saddlebags and trunk. I believe in 2022 the trunk Iwas made bigger. It also came in either a 6 speed manual or the DCT (Automatic) that also offered different driving mode settings.
Hi Mike. Thank you for the info. It was about a year ago I tried a new Goldwing and did notice the trunk space was smaller. I tried both the 6 speed and the automatic. I hated the automatic. I want to be in control of the shifting. It is helpful to know when the models changed if it was 2018 and later. Thank you for that.

·
Registered
94 GL 1500
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Mike. Thank you for the info. It was about a year ago I tried a new Goldwing and did notice the trunk space was smaller. I tried both the 6 speed and the automatic. I hated the automatic. I want to be in control of the shifting. It is helpful to know when the models changed if it was 2018 and later. Thank you for that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts