Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Burnet, Tx (too near Austin) - ghost gear getting pretty bad (5th gear only), getting time to do something, any recommended transmission guys in TX? Got a quote from Power Sports in Georgetown for $4,000, just the labor. Would like a second estimate just to see if repair’s worth doing. Bike’s probably worth around $5k, fixed.
Thx!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Trike, sent justwings a message. Hopefully can find someone closer, but they sound like the gurus.

·
Premium Member
64,346 Posts
Hallo Eigenvect

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

·
Premium Member
12,748 Posts
This does seem to be a spendy repair . Sadly if you find a used engine it's no guarantee thats any better than your present engine :(

Please let us know what you learn from JustWings . I have read Greg does a great job on this trans issue.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everybody. Spoke with Greg, he’s a wealth of knowledge, I’d feel comfortable paying the expense of shipping the bike to him for rebuild. But, his estimate is about the same as the local shop, over $6k. Probably will simply sell the bike “as-is” with impending need to replace transmission. And start looking for a new wing, probably in the 2012-2015 range. This Wing ruined me, don’t think I can go back to a non-wing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts