Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I started shoping for a Goldwing early this spring & I found this forum. I found it very helpful with lots of information on what to look for in the older bikes. I have been riding dirt bikes since I was 12(& that has been a long time). Our youngest graduates from high school this spring so I figured it was timetoget a street bike & I have always admired the Goldwing. Any way, with the information I gathered here I felt comfortable bidding an a 83 Aspencade with 88,000 miles on E-Bay. I picked up the bike last Friday and have put on 150 miles so far. I'm loving the bike and the experiance. The bike is going to need a little tweeking but for the most part is in nice shape.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the information that is exchanged here. I'm sure I will be checking in regularly.
:waving:

Attachments

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

:waving::waving: Welcome to the World's Greatest Goldwing Site 83Wingrider! :waving::waving:

That's a nice looking 1100! Just goes to show how a bike that's almost a quarter century old can still be a fine riding machine. Your's looks great, a little maintenance to bring her back to excellent mechanical condition and you'll have a lot of trouble free miles passing under her. I hope you enjoy your wing as much as I do mine.

BTW have a mana on me.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
imported post

That bike looks like it has every option you can get. I got my old 82 a year ago and these guys where a huge help in getting it up and running. You are going to love it here, and I have had Harleys but some of Harley owners have a stuckup attitude toward people who ride other kinds of bikes. Everyone is so helpful that even I have been able to get my bike fixed up, with my limited mechanical skills. big daddy

·
Banned
6,964 Posts
imported post

Hi 83 Wingrider welcome to the fourm......that looks like a real nice clean bike........enjoy....:waving:

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
imported post

hi 83 wingrider, and welcome to the mad house :waving:

there's all sorts here, with 2 things in common, love of wings, and membership of this great family

welcome again from the other side of the pond :waving:

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

welcome to the best goldwing forum i`ve found !!!
a lot of info. on the site to help you keep her on the road for a long time to come , enjoy-i do.

·
Life Time Premium Member
3,918 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your first Wing. I got mine last Tuesday and put on 900 miles already. It is so great and so addictive. Best of luck on it.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
imported post

Nice Wing enjoy... Oh and welcome

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

83wingrider wrote:
I started shoping for a Goldwing early this spring & I found this forum. I found it very helpful with lots of information on what to look for in the older bikes.
Howdy 83wingrider :waving:Take me back to the black hills, the black hills of Dakota, to the beautiful indian country that I love:dance:

[shadow=blue]You are Very Welcome to The Worlds Greatest Goldwing Forum.[/shadow] :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

You area verylucky man :banana:First you find this great forum, then you find yourself a goldwing :cooler:what more could a man ask for. :dance:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
imported post

WELCOME :waving: 83WINGRIDER . NICE BIKE ,GOOD LUCK .DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK QUESTIONS
:11black:

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
imported post

Welcome 83wingrider
a great looking ride, you will find all kinds of help on this site
enjoy! armsrn

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Thanks everyone. I'm hoping works slows down and the wind quits blowing so I can get out and put on some miles.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
imported post

Welcome aboard 83 wingrider hope you have lots of luck with you wing.

:12grey:munds:12grey:

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
imported post

And the winner of "Most Consecutive Identical Posts In The Same Thread" is...

:12grey:munds:12grey:
:dude::dude::dude:

Welcome to the forum, 83Wing. You'll find plenty of advice, opinions, and experience on this site to help keep you going!

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum from Ont.,Canada
In my opinion you bought the last year of Wing that actually looks like a motorcycle.And a pretty good looking one at that.

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
imported post

that's the 1st 1100 that is the same colour as mine, only mine has gold eagles on the rear panniers and no panel detailing

it came from the states originally does anyone know if this was a standard honds colour ?

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
imported post

Hi all, new Goldwing owner here. What a great site, thanks Steve

Just took possession of a 2003 1800A Sunday. Red with 3320 miles on it.

My last bike was a 1979 Kawasaki 1300 Six, sold in 1981. I did own a 1976 Goldwing but it's handling tried to kill me
. At any rate it's nice to be back to riding !

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Welcome guys to the best Goldwing forum around.

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

A GRRRREAT BIG WELCOME TO THE BESTEST SITE ON THE WEB From Canada's west coast. Congrats on your new wing. She's a beaut! I've said it before & I'll say it again. " ----------Blue is the prettiest color":cheeky1::waving::waving::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.