Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi!

I'm Jesper from Denmark. Used to own a GL 1500, and now saving up for a GL 1800. Resident in Denmark, the most motorcycle-hating country in the world. We are charged 200%registration taxog the purchaseprice of a bike, and then 25% VAT of the total amount.That means we pay for at least 3 bikes, everytimewe buy only 1.

The pricein Denmark for a new GL 1800 is $80,000 - I did type right, and you are not in need of stronger glasses; Eighty thousand dollars.That's also£40,000 or €53,000...

Maybe that's the reason why we don't own more than one bike at a time in this country?! Due to the higher prices -roadtaxes and insurance are extremely expensive as well. A GL 1500 cost around $200/£100/€150 a month to keep on the road, and then comes the petrol and maintainance...

Apart from that I'm 40 yrs old, working as a driving teacher, married to awoman who never sat on a bike before we met, but got hooked riding around Europe on the GL 1500.

I miss riding a lot, but have had to use all available time and money tostart my business. InDenmark the matter of getting a driving license is not taken lightly either. It takesbetween 3 and 6 months to get a license, and cost around £1300 for car only. Thenyou use almost the same to get a persmission to ride a bike- you do the math...!

I'm in this forum to read about the wing, and to get some good tips to maintain the ******* myself as much as possible. It alsom helps me stick on the path towards getting a bike again, as the dream is nursed here reading all your funny comments and great postings...

Looking forward to ride again soon, and maybe meet you on the roads...!

Jesper

Attachments

·
Pops
4,519 Posts
imported post

HelloJesperand welcome from Tucson Arizona.

[align=left] "Why buy'm if you don't ride'm"[/align]

[align=left]
[/align]

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Hi Jesper,

Welcome to this Great Site!

Pull up a chair and join on in!

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the
Steve Saunder's GOLDWING FORUM

A Big Welcome FromTEXAS

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

Hello Jesper! :waving:Welcome to the Best Goldwing Forum on the www.! (in my opinion) :cooldevil:

Enjoy and post often!! :goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum Jesper, from N.W. Missouri!

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum from Florida. :waving:

Gawd, I thought our government was bad.

Heck for that kinda money you could get a new 1800 and probably buy you a seat in a local county government. :cheeky1:

We've seen that a senate seat goes pretty high over here.:baffled:

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Hi folks!

Thanks for your comments...

Right now it's night in Denmark, (4 AM)but this is the only time where everything is silent. Everyone's sleeping and no tv's and radio's are on. The street is empty, and the telephone isn't chiming all the time. These are the hours I enjoy most, and I get a lot of paperwork done for my business.

It also used to be the times where I'd walk out in the garage and take a look at my grey lady. I'd pick up a cloth and polish some chrome or some paintwork. I'd dream about riding her on the twisty mountains in the south of Europe in the summer, and on the roads I used just to heat her up from time to time between the long trips.

I still remember the day I took her on the last ride, to the parkinglot, where I sold her. I stood there with my helmet in one hand, and the cash in the other, wearing all my gear. I remember feeling howa great period of my life was over. And the garage was so empty afterwards. Maybe today I got just a little closer to fullfillmy biggest dream of owning a GL again, at least in my own mind, by joining this forum where I allow myself to talk about motorcycles again...

Here'sme and the grey lady in the workshop:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
imported post

That's a nice looking machine, it's a shame you had to give her up before you got the 1800.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Welcome Danishwing, from sunny Southern California, USA. Wow, your taxes, I thought ours was bad, never again will I think that.

Again, Welcome.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Oh and SpiderBob... Trikes are not ven allowed to be registered in Denmark!!! ;o)

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
imported post

Hi....welcome from the Netherlands!!!:banana:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

A big warm welcome Danishwing, good to have you on board. :waving:

Helen the Viking, member of the site and my partner has family in Vejen and Kolding and I have learnt from them the horrendous tax levied on vehicles out in Denmark. No wonder there aren't too many Wings to be seen. :shock:

Look forward to seeing posting of when you get sorted with an 1800 before too long hopefully. :clapper::clapper:

Enjoy the forums and visit often.

:waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
imported post

Welcome I hope your buisness prospers so you can fulfill your dream and fill your wife with this infectious way of life on a Goldwing also. I think your having riden in the past is harder to deal with than never having riden at all,the great memories of site and sounds keep loring me to ride again and again..I know what it's like brother.Happy Holidays to you all.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.