Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi eveyone,

I've been looking for a good deal on a Goldwing for a while, and I finally found ablack1980 GL1100 Interstate with 61000 miles just south of Pueblo, in a little town called Colorado City. A friend and I picked it up yesterday afternoon and trailered it back to my home west of Colorado Springs.

The seller thought the charging system wasn't functioning properly, but that remains to be seen. He had an undersized battery in it that looked pretty old and wouldn't hold a charge.

I bought a new one (the right size/group), and put it in today. The volt meter still doesn't read high enough (should be 13-14v I think), so it looks like I've got some testing/diagnosis to do. Hope I'm not facing a stator replacement...

He also said the rear air shocks were leaking oil, and there was some oil coming out of the schrader valve when he went to pump them up a bit.

Maintenance records were a bit spotty, so I'll do timing belts (maybe tensioners too), fluids, and anything else I can think of preventative-wise.

I used Steve's buyers guide when I looked this bike over, and it was a big help. I think the seller was a little surprised to see me referring to my printout over and over!!

Anyways, glad to be part of the Goldwing community, and looking forward to some great riding.

Regards,
John

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the state of Pennsylvania!

U.S.A.:waving::action::waving::action::waving::action::waving::action::waving:

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
imported post

:waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

woodrock
:15red:Welcometo this Great Site!:12black:
Pull up a chair and join on in!
:stumped:Got a Technical question on your wing:stumped:

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum1/
:baffled:Got a General Motorcycle Question:baffled:
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum4/
:bowing:Most of all we're glad you joined and:bowing:

:action:look forward seeing you on the forums and on the road :action:

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
imported post

Hi John! - Welcome aboard the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forum!It's a pleasure to have you with us!

I would also like to add my personal welcome aboard from middle Tennessee! Feel free to PM me should you need help!

One of the first things you may want to do is update your Profile and you can do that by clicking on “My Account” or you can click (here).

If you need help with some of the basic forum functionality, please be sure to check our FAQs found in the “Forum HELP!” File by clicking the link on the right side of the main page or simply click (here). It will answer some of your basic questions concerning the following:
  • Uploading Images
  • Using Avatars
  • Private Messages
  • Linking to URL's or images on other web sites
  • What is not allowed on this forum?
  • E-mail notifications help and other useful tips
If you haven't already done so, you may want to check out the “Forum Rules” found by a link on the right side of the main page or you can simply click here.

Again, WELCOME ABOARD!!!

John (Halfling)

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
imported post

Welcome woodrock do it once and do it right. Enjoy the work and she'll give you the miles of smiles.:action:

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
imported post

Welcome from Oklahoma :waving:Enjoy the Wing :cheesygrin:

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts
imported post

Welcome woodrock to the Forum! :waving:

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

John, welcome to the forum, from sunny Southern California, and congrats on your new to you ride. Sounds like you have some work to do. Lots of help here, so don't hesitate to ask. Oh, and you should change out the springs with the tensionsers if you so choose to doas well. Welcome :waving:

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
imported post

Welcome aboard dude! Nice choice in rides and check out those pescky yellow wire connections on the left of the bat.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.