Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hi all, what a fantastic forum this is guys an gals

well 4 years ago i had a bad accident on a gpz100 hars tail chop. after a year off work and bikes i lost my bottle, no more bikes

there lied a problem cos i was still a biker, so i went down the trike route. i bought a shite reliant trike and got the bug, progressing to a vw trike then onto building a GS850 and anXJ900 trike. i had the gs for 2 years and loved every minute of it.

then i happened upon a 1983 1100 aspencade bike for sale under a sheet for 400great british pounds. it was tatty but a runner 53,000 miles and taxed and tested for 4 months, with all boxes and a multitude of lights.

within 3 months i had it tidied up best i could and sat on 3 wheels , registered and legally on the road as a trike. . please dont judge me for changing a goldwing to a trike without using an expensive kit. i am an average biker with limited funds and a full time job. i have constructed the rear frame off the swing arm, so its fully bolt on and removeable allowing me to put it back to a bike if desired

the goldwing is a marvelous machine and will stay with me for years to come. now i seem to find myself trawling the net for anything GOLDWING.

anyway the only pic of the wing on my computer is too big to put on here apparently so i cant show ya unless ya email me and i can send you it by return, if you are interested

keep on triking, a way of life

best regards

jim

uk

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

A big warme welcome to you Jim, good to have you on board. :waving:

Sounds to me like you hit on the bargain of the year, getting a Wing for that sort of money over here. :clapper:

I look forward to seeing her on thr road before too long. Take a look around the forums and you will see that we have a Meet & Greet planned for May bank holiday next year and it would be good if you could join us. This year it is in Bonnie Scotland so for us a decent journey to and from. :action:

Which part of the UK do you hail from? We like to meetmembers from near or far if we can.:)

Plenty to be found on this site to keep you entertained through the coming colder months, so look in often and get stuck in.

Cheers for now.

:waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

Welcome Jim to the Forum! :waving:

Just don't tell anyone that you've talked to Silverfox if you want to keep your upstanding image alive!! :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Just kidding Pete :cooldevil:

Again Jim, Welcome aboard!!! :action:

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the
Steve Saunder's GOLDWING FORUM

A Big Welcome FromTEXAS

:waving:

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum jim-uk, from N.W. Missouri!

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Welcome to this Great Site!

Pull up a chair and join on in!

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Pops
4,519 Posts
imported post

HelloJim and welcome from Arizona

[align=left] "Why buy'm if you don't ride'm"[/align]

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
imported post

Hi....welcome from the Netherlands!!!:banana:

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

hi silverfox
thanks to you and all for the welcomes to a bloody fantastic site.
have been hooked for 3 days now

i hail from lincolnshire, scunthorpe to be precise, so am looking forward to meets over here

bye 4 now and thanks

jim
uk

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

Welcome Jim. Any chance of seeing a picture of your trike?

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

yeah no problem mate, send me an e mail addy and i will send it cos pics on my pc are too big to put here apparently

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

scrap that ha ha i just realised how to re size my pic and now got one on

jim

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

It looks good in the avatar Jim. If you go back to the main forum homepage and click the PHOTO GALLERY link, you can upload pics there. There is 10mb of space available for each new member.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

happy days, job done. have posted some pics of my goldwing trike and the gs i built before it:cool:

the gl is not the prettiest around but remember i cant afford an expensive kit, but i can weld;)

and the wing as a bike only cost me £400.

so i now have a good starting point to make something nice and have the perfect bike to make it from

it can only get better from here, but it is now road leal and i have done about 200 miles so far

we now have mudguards on too..

will keep you posted as it progresses with paint and shiny bits

regards

jim

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Wow Jim!!! that is a great job you are doing on that trike, very nice and I still can't blieve it started as £400 worth!!!!! Money well spent in my view.

When you get a moment perhaps you can adjust your profile to show which part of the UK you hail from, there are a few members who come from not so very far from you, they are all nice folks and I have had the pleasure of meeting some of them.:)

I too lived in Lincolnshire for a short while, at a small hamlet called Bullington, near Wragby, about 11 miles out of Lincoln itself on the Skeggie road.

If you get to any of the events that happen in the UK or Ireland, you will find we are all a big friendly bunch and there is no elitism, so no one minds what anyone rides, even though we might give some friendly ribbing of course. :D:cooldevil:

Plenty of helpful advice to be shared on here too and everyone is happy to help where they can, which they do often and generously. :clapper:

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

yeah i know bullington mate. went to college at riseholme agricultural college in lincoln in the late 80's and had a mate from that area.when you look around on here it seems that every one is on the sunny side, in the U S of A and its quite ironic how near some people are, or have been. its a fantastic forum and i have been hooked since i joined, a mine of information:cool:

i managed to upload pics yesterday of this and my old gs trike i built

i dont think i can bring anything to the die hard gold wing fraternity with their big, newer machines but would hope i can help anyone if they were thinking of a cheap trike conversion. after my accident i can not hold up a bike any more so triking was the answer and i am pleased i found this bike under a sheet.

I know bikers rib trikers and i would expect nothing else, but am pleased how i have been welcomed to this forum with open arms, heart and mind. i look in every day and am going to do my level best to get to a meet in 2009

anyway bye for now and best wishes to you all reading this

jim:waving:

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

http://pixresizer.en.softonic.com/

download this, it will allow you to resize your pictures to fi on this forum, or you can lower the pixel size on your camera,

nice find for you, i could do with a find like that myself

welcome to the forum

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.