Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

So glad to find this forum. I just bought a 1984 Aspencade w/ 40K miles. Still haven't ridden it yet because it sat for a year or more and the shop is making sure all is good. Last time I was by the shop the mechanic fired her up and she ran like a sewing machine. Realling exciting! Now I'm stuck offshore until just before Christmas so it will be at least another month before I can ride. I'm sure I'll have many questions and need lots of advice.

Anything any of you veteran members can offer at the outset will be appreciated immensely.

My first question would be:

Does anyone know if the 1984 Aspencade came in white? The bike I bought is white and I can't find any indication that it has been painted or otherwise altered. So this leads me to believe that Honda did produce this bike, that year, in white.

Mark

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the
Steve Saunder's GOLDWING FORUM

A Big Welcome FromTEXAS

:waving:

·
Pops
4,519 Posts
imported post

[align=left]HelloMarkand welcome from Arizona.

[/align]
[align=left] "Why buy'm if you don't ride'm"[/align]

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

I recommend you post your question over in the General Motorcycle Discussion section. Most of the gurus won't see it over here.

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
imported post

Hi....welcome from the Netherlands!!!:banana:

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Will Go Wolfman....thanks

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Welcome to this Great Site!

Pull up a chair and join on in!

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum from the State of Confusion......Kansas! :waving:

I grew up in Dothan, AL and spend afternoons after school at PCB (Redneck Riveria)!! Small world!! I remember when you could actually see the Gulf of Mexico on US 98!! :cooldevil:

AS far as your question.............someone with more 1200 knowledge may come along, but as far as I know there was never a white 1200. :)

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
imported post

Greetings friend, and welcome to the forum!Looks like you'll be getting an awesome Christmas gift...a chance toride your "new" bike!

Happy Thanksgiving!:cooler:

See ya on the road... :15white:I'm the one that salutes with the left hand instead of the "low wave". :sozzled:

Safe Rides & God Bless!!

Robby - aka Texas Grasshopper

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Flyone, you should see it now. We live just off back beach (98) and there is a huge new shopping center just across the street from where the Dan Russell pier was. They have Target, JC Penney, Margaritaville, and tons of specialty shops. Know what you mean about being able to see the beach from 98.

Mark

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
imported post

Xtracho wrote:
Flyone, you should see it now. We live just off back beach (98) and there is a huge new shopping center just across the street from where the Dan Russell pier was. They have Target, JC Penney, Margaritaville, and tons of specialty shops. Know what you mean about being able to see the beach from 98.

Mark
Mark, I'm sure I wouldn't recognize it! :shock:

I should have bought property down there many years ago when I had the chance!! I probably wouldn't have to work today!! :doh:

Again, Welcome aboard Mark!! :jumper:

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

OK folks....going home on Tuesday the 23rd. All I gotta do is bleed my brakes and my baby should be ready for her first ride with her new owner. I'll make sure to post a pic when I get home.

Mark

"To live you must be willing to die" Amir Vahedi

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

Hey, BIG WELCOME....this is a great site for anything GOLDWING !! :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

Welcome from Alabama:waving::waving:

Was station in Ft Walton Bch, and did some work out at Tyndall. Our unit put in the Alert aircrafts runway...still enjoying going down.

Enjoy your new ride!!!:bat:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.