Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm Larry and I've just acquired two GL1100's. Neither is running at this time, but I intend to try to use the two to make one that works.

The first is a 1980 model. This is the only one for which there is a title. This one had weeds growing through it before I rescued it.

The second is a 1983 model. It looks much nicer. The engine on it seems to have seized up.

Any words of wisdom anyone has to help me in this matter would be much appreciated--particularly with regard to what parts may not be compatible between the two bikes. I've rebuilt several bikes--mostly 80's model straight-fours--but this is my first attempt at a Goldwing. Initially, I've found it to be very time consuming merely to remove the plastics in order to get to the stuff on which you are trying to work.

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma :waving: Enjoy the wing :cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
73,716 Posts
Hallo Folsoml

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

·
Premium Member
28,832 Posts
Welcome, Welcome To Steve Saunders Goldwing Forum so withany Maintenance you do.If you have any questions no matter how trivial they may seem this forum is the place to ask them. What I have noticed is that some of the people here were 'Goldwings in their previous lives and can answer any question you have. The forums that I get the most from are::

Goldwing Technical Forum
General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

These have the best info about your bike and are where you ask questions and get help..

For Sale/Wanted Forum Good stuff for Sale....

And when you just need a good laugh:: Fun Forum
Again Welcome to the Forum...

And A Big Welcome From Clermont, Indiana.....

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts

Welcome:waving:Folsoml

·
Premium Member
12,869 Posts
Hello Larry and Welcome . The 83 is looking very nice . Sorry to hear the engine seems to be frozen . But not to worry , you have lots of spare bits . I'll send a PM ( private message) shortly . Enjoy the forum and your new project .

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
great bikes:claps:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.