Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. Dan here. I'm in Anchorage, AK. We have a shorter riding season here than many of you enjoy in the lower 48, but on the other hand, we have some long summer days, and they are currently getting longer.
Anyway, I've had my '95 GL1500I since summer of '98, she has about 24K miles, and I don't ride her much anymore. However, I have a couple other bikes that get more road time. Just as many other things seem to be getting heavier as I get further 'down the road', the Wing is no exception, thus a smaller bike is more my speed these days, specifically a 750 Shadow.
Well, I need to do some work on the bike, so I joined this forum for advice. First up: firm up the rear brakes. They're mushy and need a good bleeding or maybe some new parts, I don't know yet. Next will be a new timing belt. Yeah, only 24K on the clock, but she's 24 years old, so it's gotta be time. Then some carb work to smooth out the engine, and some random cleaning, and she'll be like a new bike.
I look forward to interesting conversations and quality information from you folks. Thanks for having me.

·
Premium Member
61,473 Posts
Hallo DanielHerring

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

·
Administrator
22,068 Posts
:welc:

Hi Dan, Post your mechanical issues in the Technical form. They don't sound too bad. Belts on the 15 are fairly easy and the brakes probably need the fluid changed and a good bleeding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts