Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 1986 SEI, 80,000 mi. Changed timing belts today. I could not find timing inspection screw, but marked crank pulley when cam marks lined up. Nervous about tension on belts.

·
Premium Member
12,868 Posts
Hello and Welcome to the forum family .

the timing inspection cap is located on the top of the engine on the left side ,between the carbs and where the swingarm hinge is located . Its about an inch around and has a large slot for a flat screwdriver .

Here is a tutorial which may help you . Take this link , its on this forum :Honda Goldwing GL1200 Timing Belts Replacement

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma :waving: Enjoy the wing :cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts

·
Premium Member
1985 GL1200 A
953 Posts
Forgive me, but I don't see the connection between your engine's timing and the timing belt tension....

On my '85 the engine timing is not adjustable. The timing belt tensioners ARE and when set right there should be 1/8-3/16" of movement in the center of the long run of each belt with 4-5 lbs. of thumb pressure.

Good luck!

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts

Welcome:waving:Billg64

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
I recommend you post your question over in the technical section. Most of the gurus won't see it over here, and a lot more people frequent over there. Just a few of us greeters hang out over here on a regular basis.

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts

·
Premium Member
73,497 Posts
Hallo Billg64

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.