Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

1984 Goldwing Aspencade from the seller email

I think just needs carbs cleaned, new plugs, new battery.
Lots of TLC, and paint faded.
Good project bike, just not enough time for me to do it.
Can't do the work in my garage cause SOQS is allergic to Hydrocarbon fumes, and washer & dryer in garage too.

For $500, I hope I can get it running. If not, I can recoup the money buy parting it out.

My wife hates riding on the back of my 1993 750 Nighthawk with a cobin (king queen seat) and a back rest.

She told the foot pegs are two small and there is no arm rests. Her hands go numb.

Today,we, my wife and I, are to look at 1984 Goldwing Aspacade that is running locally for sale.

Theowner stated it has a problem at 4,000 rpms. lack of power at the point.

He state the carbs need clean because of the gasand especially the ethinol additives.

If I get this goldwing, I have to sell my 1993 nighthawk. The wife toldme, only one bike. I will be happywith a goldwing.

The next item wouldbe putting on a pour boy conversion because I want fog and driving lights because I drive at night everynight to work and college.

I will be putting on about 880 per week on this Goldwing.

My only means of transportation right now is my Nighthawk. I put an average of 770 to 880 miles per week between college and work.

Therefore a Goldwing will be the answer to my problems, especially for my wife and storage for my books and laptop. I currrently us my backpack strapped to the backrest. My saddlebags are to small to carry even a book.

Therefore I need find a used fixer upper Goldwing within my budget which is under $1000.

If you have any suggestions of what to look for in problems of a setting Goldwing please let me know.

Thank you.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]Welcome floridamtbiker99[/align]

·
Premium Member
4,573 Posts
imported post

Hello and welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

Now pull up a chair and join in :applause:

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum floridamtbiker99! :waving:

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
imported post

Welcome from Oklahoma :waving:Enjoy the Wing :cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts
imported post

WELCOME:waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

OK I'll say "WELCOME", now to answer your question to the best of my ability...Before you start tearing down the carbs, put some new plugs in it and drain the fuel tank put a couple of gallons of high test in it, add some Seafoam to it....If you can get it to crank and run, don't be jamming on the throttle yet!!!!....How many miles does it have and do you know when the timing belts were changed....Old belts can break so if it does crank and run half way decent, then visit you local parts house for a set of timing belts...Yes they either will have them in stock or can get them for you....Here are a couple of links from our Tech section that might help you...

This first link gives you the part number to ask for at your local parts house, you will need two belts....

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/drwIndex.php

This next link is rather long but the poster even took lots of pictures and went step by step to where you can DYI....This thread was over changing the belts on an 1000 but its the same on 1100's and 1200's just different belt numbers....

http://goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum9/17422.html

Just remember that carbs are not hard to do, but they can eat your lunch if you don't have a way to balance them....If you have questions check in the Tech Posts A to Z, We do have a bunch of members in Florida, that if called on, someone might be able to give you a hand....

So now we have spark plugs that run about 8 bucks apiece, gasoline, about 8 bucks worth, Sea Foam that too is about 8 bucks, timing belts can be bought for about 20 something bucks each. so we are well within your budget...Crud forgot the battery, You can get a cheap battery from Wally World about $50.00, it will work just great till you can do better ...Be sure after you add the acid, that you have it charged up...

But...You knew there was going to be a "BUT", but be sure to check for leaks in front fork seals, and rear shocks, lots to check out but don't get discouraged, once you get the simple things done, these rest is a piece of cake..Once on the road you and your wife will be amazed at the ride these Gold Wings have....Ride safe Keep the shiney side up....Hope I have shed a little light for you on your questions...

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

·
Premium Member
28,832 Posts
imported post

Welcome, WelcomeTo Steve Saunders Goldwing Forum.If you have any questions no matter how trivial they may seem this forum is the place to ask them. What I have noticed is that some of the people here were :15red:'sin their previous lives and can answer any question you have. Theforums that I get the most from are::

Goldwing Technical Forum

General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

These have the best info aboutGoldwing’s and are where you ask questions and can get help..

For Sale/Wanted ForumGood stuff for Sale or if you have old parts sitting around the garage you would like to get rid of....

:18red::15red::12red::11red:

And when all you need is a good laugh to start your day try the:: Fun Forum After that it’s up to you which of the others you will like the best all I can do is suggest.

Again Welcome to the Forum...

Oh and did I mention everyone here loves pictures.. Show us some of yours... Even if it’s not a Goldwing just a pretty view

·
Premium Member
7,133 Posts
imported post

Hey there! :waving: from Hamburg, NY
[align=center]THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO BE![/align]

If you have Goldwing Technical Smarts - GIVE IT! :readit:

If you need help - ASK FOR IT! :?
If you know of an event coming up or a cool ride you went on - SHARE IT! :12red:

If you have a joke or funny story - TELL IT! :ROFL:[/align]
If you have prayers to give or need some - FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE, SAY IT! :praying:

If you have anything bad to say to or about anyone on this forum - STUFF IT! :lash:

[align=center]WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!!!
[/align]

·
Premium Member
5,223 Posts
imported post

[align=center]:santawaving:Welcome to the greatest forum on the net:santawaving:

:santahat:Welcome from the "HOOSIER" state:santahat:[/align]

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

Now I am a owner of a 1984 HONDA GOLDWING ASPENCADE

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.