Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Found this place through a friend. Just thought I would say hi and give a littel info.

I've got a 79 GL1000 that used to belong to my Dad who bought it new in 79. She still runs pretty good. It needs some cleaning up here and there. But she still rides great. As soon as I get some time I'll post a few pics of it.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Welcome Rick S to the bets "Wing " site in the world ! Gota love those 1000's their legends !

Don't know how long it sat but you might want to change the "timing Belts" to be safe? Make sure the tires are weather cracked also?

Have fun with it Bro !

Go to (naked gold wings ) in Google, nice site , great pics of old Wings!

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Welcome Rick!! Glad to have you.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

It only sat for three years. My dad had the belts changed around 65000 mi. and it's got 73000 on it now. I'll check them when I cahnge the timing belt covers.

Thanks for the warm welcomes.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
imported post

Rick S:

Living in Virginia Beach, you'll probably find a lot of guys and gals here that would love to stop down that way for a cup of coffee with you.

But, seriously folks-this is a nice place...I've only seen one bit of "borderline negativity" in the year I've been prowling around here.

Dean Roosevelt

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

Hello Rick Sand welcome. You will find plenty of help and information here, I hope you enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

Hey Dude,

Got mine most of the way apart this weekend. Gonna shoot some new belts on her while I do the gasket job. Gotta call Linda at Honda this week and see what there asking for gaskets...................:waving:

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

HOw does the head look or is it just the gasket? By the way I'm on day shift hours this week so I you need a hand give me a call.

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

Hey Rick S:waving:Welcome to the best Wing Forum.:)

:12red::cool:

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

Welcome aboard Rick S.. You should be hearing from Redwing shortly.. He's the official welcoming commitee... One word of cautiion... Watch your P's, Q's, grammar, spelling, and language with Redwing around.. If he's not riding his Honda 50, he's critiquing this board... LOL :cooldj:

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

Renegade wrote:
Welcome aboard Rick S.. You should be hearing from Redwing shortly.. He's the official welcoming commitee... One word of cautiion... Watch your P's, Q's, grammar, spelling, and language with Redwing around.. If he's not riding his Honda 50, he's critiquing this board... LOL :cooldj:
So that is where Redwing is, at critiquing school.:)

:12red::cool:

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

Rick S wrote:
HOw does the head look or is it just the gasket? By the way I'm on day shift hours this week so I you need a hand give me a call.
Good to see ya again the other day!

Parts will be here this weekend so I'll be busy finishing her up.

Still havent pulled the head yet but im pretty confident its just the gasket. Im gonna re-paint my exhuast while ive got the pipes off too. :jumper:

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum:clapper:You will find more information than you can want and get plenty of answers to all your questions. If you ever coming around Charlotte, Give me a call.:skipping:

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum, lots of great info here,

Have fun riding these are fun old bikes

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

Rick ,well brother it was just the gasket. All I have left to do now is wait for the belts to get here (cross your fingers tomorrow will be the day) there only 4 days late!:stumped:

Will have to let loose Saturday, ya game??:coollep:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.