Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm picking up my first ever Wing tomorrow in Duluth MN, I've ridden a shadow for 7 years and have not ridden at all in the last 3 years. My new wife wants me to get a new wing to go on trips with!!
I'm getting an 05 silver non ABS....going down now to test ride and check it out, but I can't get insurance today, so I'll have to bring it home tomorrow. I've enjoyed reading this forum and hope to contribute to it much!

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey Pianome :waving: Welcome to the best Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper: You are really jumping in at the deep end with your new :18grey:You will really enjoy this machine, :jumper: the more you use her the better she gets. :weightlifter:It's important to tell you that Silver is a good colour :weightlifter:but not the fastest colour. :weightlifter:The fastest colour is :18red:

:walker::18red::walker:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Hey Pianome :waving: Welcome to the best Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper: You are really jumping in at the deep end with your new :18grey:You will really enjoy this machine, :jumper: the more you use her the better she gets. :weightlifter:It's important to tell you that Silver is a good colour :weightlifter:but not the fastest colour. :weightlifter:The fastest colour is :18red:

:walker::18red::walker:

BLACK

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Hi Pianome and welcome, on behalf of the sane members of the site. Please humour the Redwing, he is under this illusion about red goldwings being the fastest. I mean it is great to hear that you are joining the ranks, you must be very excited tonight, but I guess you couldn't get a black one? Not to worry, in time you could trade her in for the fastest , ablack one!!

Enjoy the friendly banter here, and the excellent technical expertise on offer for free from some really knowlegable guys on the tech forum.

Do post a pic of your bike when you get her, once you have been for that 1st exillerating ride!:):)

Pete

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

DigbyODell wrote:
psssst Pianomeblack is the fastest:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Why is it , it is only the black and red blokes get involved in this colour "debate"? I guess the others just accept that theirs are slower:baffled::goofygrin:

Pete

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Well I took the SILVER Wing for a spin around the parking lot and I must say....WOW!
Very responsive!!! Very smooth shifting! Didn't get out of third but I was suprised with the power!!! They will not let me out on the highway till I buy, but I can tell that this is the cruiser for me! Is the $525.00 for the extra 4 year warranty worth it? Seems like it would be. I got them to throw in 2 free helmets, intercom system and two Goldwing riding jackets. With the extra warrenty it is $16,096 That is the best talking down I could do! I couldn't get insurance today, so I will be picking it up on Thursday evening!!:clapper:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Pianome wrote:
Well I took the SILVER Wing for a spin around the parking lot and I must say....WOW!
Very responsive!!! Very smooth shifting! Didn't get out of third but I was suprised with the power!!! They will not let me out on the highway till I buy, but I can tell that this is the cruiser for me! Is the $525.00 for the extra 4 year warranty worth it? Seems like it would be. I got them to throw in 2 free helmets, intercom system and two Goldwing riding jackets. With the extra warrenty it is $16,096 That is the best talking down I could do! I couldn't get insurance today, so I will be picking it up on Thursday evening!!:clapper:
You must have the biggest grin on your chin, in the whole of the US of A!!:):):)

I'm not jelous, I'm Not jelous, I AM NOT JELOUS

Pete

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Pianome wrote:
Very responsive!!! Very smooth shifting! Didn't get out of third but I was suprised with the power!!! Is the $525.00 for the extra 4 year warranty worth it? Seems like it would be. I got them to throw in 2 free helmets, intercom system and two Goldwing riding jackets. With the extra warrenty it is $16,096
Hey Pianome :clapper: You actually stole that :18grey:with a price like that. :crying:

You will really enjoy that wing. :grinner:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

Hey Pianome:waving:Congratulations on the new :18grey:, It sounds like a dream come true.

:12red::cool:

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Myvote is for Black!

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

axelwik wrote:
Myvote is for Black!

Good man Axelwik, glad you have your head screwed on, shame about some guys.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
axelwik wrote:
Myvote is for Black!

To prove that Black is the fastest color, I have a friend who has a red bike. From a standing start or accelerating out of a corner my black bike is much faster than his red one. Empirical proof!

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

axelwik wrote:
Silverfox wrote:
axelwik wrote:
Myvote is for Black!

To prove that Black is the fastest color, I have a friend who has a red bike. From a standing start or accelerating out of a corner my black bike is much faster than his red one. Empirical proof!

As an avid BLACK supporter, I shouldn't be the one to ask this, but what bike has your friend got ?

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
As an avid BLACK supporter, I shouldn't be the one to ask this, but what bike has your friend got ?
You had to ask didn't you! It's a 1982 V45 750 Sabre. It should be able to keep up with a '77 Goldwing since it's a much lighter bike with 4 valves per cylinder, and in top running condition, but it's red and it just couldn't.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
imported post

Pianome- Welcome from another newcomer. Man, do I ever remember the day I picked up my first wing. Bought it from an old fart who couldn't hold it up anymore (!), rode it 700 miles back home through torrential rains. My face hurt for days from the grin that didn't go away! JP

Now I'm an old fart, but still ridin'.........

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

axelwik wrote:
Silverfox wrote:
You had to ask didn't you! It's a 1982 V45 750 Sabre. It should be able to keep up with a '77 Goldwing since it's a much lighter bike with 4 valves per cylinder, and in top running condition, but it's red and it just couldn't.
Nowt to do with the riders abilities then!:goofygrin:

Pete

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.