Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Howdy from San Diego, Ca.

Where the riding season is 360 days a year! Yahoo!

Just about to celebrate the first year ofWing ownership, and it's been a great ride so far.

#2Owner of a 2001 GL1800A with over 138800 miles (when purchaced), I was slightly leary about buying a bike with so many miles, the price was reasonable,and after going through it and doing standard maintenance, the bike has been very reliable, although the final drive failed at around 143,000 miles, I replaced it with a new unitfrom ebay ($45.00) and has been going strong ever since.

Although the Wingis my #2 bike (03 Harley Davidson Screamin' Eagle Deuce) is my #1.

The Wing has providedgreat opportunities for me to share the open road with my wife of 13 years, as my back warmer, she is an excellent passenger, she doesn't wiggle around and is really in tune with the motions of the bike so much so she often falls asleep on our rides, but I heard that is common.

The fact that she even gets on a bike is a miracle in itself, a long story for a later date.

Picture to follow, as soon as I figure how to shrink it to fit, any ideas would be appreciated!

:cool:

Marc & Lisa

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the
Steve Saunder's GOLDWING FORUM

A Big Welcome FromTEXAS

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,187 Posts
imported post

Hi to you Marc,

and sounds like you got a good pillion rider in your Lisa.

You've found the best m/c forum around. We talk to just about everyone, cause we all ride with the "wind in our face". :D

Oh, there is one language that is spoken more here than your HD :)

just so you know you came to the Right Place :action:

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
imported post

Welcome OWR WING this is a great site lots of knowledge here. Wing or Harley were about riding here mostly goldwings but you'll find others with HD background also.:waving::action:

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum OWR WING, from N.W. Missouri!

·
Pops
4,519 Posts
imported post

Hello and welcome from Arizona.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Welcome to this Great Site!

Pull up a chair and join on in!

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum from the State of Confusion....Kansas!! :waving:

I hope you find the forum as informative and as much as we do!!:cooldevil:

Again, Welcome Aboard!! :action:

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Welcome Marc and Lisa, you have come to the right place, and oh yah to the weather here in Southern California.

·
Premium Member
7,133 Posts
imported post

Hey! :waving: from Hamburg, NY
[align=center]THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO BE![/align]

If you have Goldwing Technical Smarts - GIVE IT! :2finger:

If you need help - ASK FOR IT! :blushing:
If you know of an event coming up or a cool ride you went on - SHARE IT! :banana:

If you have a joke or funny story - TELL IT! :cheeky1:[/align]
If you have prayers to give or need some - FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE, SAY IT! :angel:

If you have anything bad to say to or about anyone on this forum - STUFF IT! :whip:

[align=center] WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!!!
:cooler:[/align]

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
imported post

Hi....welcome from the Netherlands!!!:banana:

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
imported post

Welcome from Canada. Looking forward to seeing your pictures. :clapper:

Jen :cool:

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Howdy again from Sunny San Diego, Ca.

Thanks to all the warm welcome replies, but then that's typical of Goldwingers!

You all "Rock" ...................and "Roll"!

I can't beleive its been over2 years since my first posting.

A few months agoI was used bike shopping with a friend (new biker) and wasn't looking to replace our Illusion Red Wing, but at our local dealer I saw this beautifulbright yellow used wing, it only had 50k miles on a 2001 GL1800A and the price was reasonable plus the previous owner had spent alot on chrome wheels and other goodies (not over done) it was in good shape needing some TLC plus that dealer had performed all themaintenance on it so I was able to get previous history, another plus!

So I started thinking about trading in our Illusion Red wing for this one, so after nearly 20k miles added to our Illusion Red bike (158,000 miles) and money spent on brakes, tires, normal stuff etc.I discussed this with my better half and said this would be the best time to trade up for a bike with less miles and a brighter color (easier to be seen), she took one look at it and the dealing began, due to the high miles of our bike, the salesman wasn't interested in doing the deal, so after several hours of haggling, NO DEAL! As we were leaving, rather dejected, the salesmanager walked out took one look at the immaculate condition of our bike and the deal was made right there, (good thing I brought the title with me). we rode the Yellow bike home that night.

Interesting to note, the Yellow Wing we just bought had been in the dealer showroon for nearly 3 months, our old Red Wing sold in less than 7 days for over$7k, and the salesman said it would take months to sellbecause of the high miles..........huh!

After many hours of TLC to our new used 2001 wing, tires, brakes, tune up, etc., and 2500 miles later, running & looking great, I just installed a trailer hitchfor our new Road Dog Drifter trailer which is due to arrive any day, we areplanning a 2 week trip up Hwy 1on thecoast ofCalifornia to Mendocino thento Tahoe then back home to reality, looking forward to a great trip with the best back warmer on the planet!

Funny how life works, my wonderful wife of 15 years, hated the thought of motorcycles and only thought of the tragicstuff that happens associated with them, after returning from many rides on my Harley (solo) only to try to share the experince with her, she finally descided to give it a try and after nearly 25000 goldwing miles she is more into it than me, she's always bugging me to go for a ride.........honey you can bug me for a ride anytime............beleive it or not,motocycling has added a whole new dimension to our marriage andhas brought Us closer!

To ALL.....Ride Safe.....Ride Smart.........enjoy every mile and every moment!

Hope to see you out there!

Marc & Lisa :waving:

·
Premium Member
4,424 Posts
imported post

Welcome back Marc & Lisa:waving:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.