Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My name is Walt, I work parts/sales at Mikes Motorcycle Repair in Flint, Mi, been in motorcycle/powersports industry most of my professional career (since 20 yrs old/45 now),, need some seriously lacking info on all other websites as far as availability of Honda PN: 30300-MG9-951 (crank position sensor) and hope to find someone here who may be able to steer us twds locating one possibly?

Found a thread on here thru Google about late production runs of that part number having the magnets installed backwards, throwing timing off and running crappy,, we had a used one from a salvage yd down south that made the bike run, but the timing was off considerably and it ran crappy,, today I read the thread I mentioned and memberOregonwinger said the last production run of these needed wires reversed??

Any info/help will greatly be appreciated folks, plus my yrs as a tech here may be able to possibly help also???

Edit: I just got confirmation that as of March 10, 2009 Honda has officially discontinued sales/availability of this item,, kind of strange if you ask me, after all, over 1 yr ago, several dealers all claimed it was discontinued THEN??

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the
Steve Saunder's GOLDWING FORUM

A Big Welcome FromTEXAS

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the best forum in the world :action:

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

A GREEEEAT BIG WELCOME TO THE BESTEST WING SITE ON THE WEB from Canada’s west coast, Walt. Hope you stay a long time. ;););););):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::action::action::action::action::action::action::action::action::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Welcome to this Great Site!

Pull up a chair and join on in!

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum from Kansas!!! :waving:

I hope you find the Forum as informative and as much fun as we do!!:cooldevil:

Again, Welcome Aboard!!
:action:

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Welcome from sunny Southern California, you are in the right place.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
imported post

Hello and welcome to the forum M.M.R.!

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

Hello and welcome from central Tx. lots of good info. and people, hope you enjoy as much as I:waving::action: Try posting in for sale, tech. and faq threads I'm sure someone can help, good luck

·
Pops
4,519 Posts
imported post

Hello and welcome from Arizona.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Thanks guys,, i'm sure this will be very informative,, even though having been business over 25 yrs now,, you can never "know it all"

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi MMR:waving:I have moved this to the technical forum ,you will get a better response there .. Welcome to the forums ,, Ciaran

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

M.M.R. wrote:
My name is Walt, I work parts/sales at Mikes Motorcycle Repair in Flint, Mi, been in motorcycle/powersports industry most of my professional career (since 20 yrs old/45 now),, need some seriously lacking info on all other websites as far as availability of Honda PN: 30300-MG9-951 (crank position sensor) and hope to find someone here who may be able to steer us twds locating one possibly?

Found a thread on here thru Google about late production runs of that part number having the magnets installed backwards, throwing timing off and running crappy,, we had a used one from a salvage yd down south that made the bike run, but the timing was off considerably and it ran crappy,, today I read the thread I mentioned and memberOregonwinger said the last production run of these needed wires reversed??

Any info/help will greatly be appreciated folks, plus my yrs as a tech here may be able to possibly help also???

Edit: I just got confirmation that as of March 10, 2009 Honda has officially discontinued sales/availability of this item,, kind of strange if you ask me, after all, over 1 yr ago, several dealers all claimed it was discontinued THEN??
I have moved this to the tech forum ,,Ciaran

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,594 Posts
imported post

Hi M.M.R., Welcome.

I have a friend that knows a lot about the LTD model. He's coming over later to help me work on my Interstate. I'll have him read this string and maybe he can help.

Be patient, I think you'll find what you need here. It's a pretty good forum.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Sure hope he's o.k.,, thoughts and prayers arewith him,,

Will try Whitey,, thanks bro'

:toast:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.