Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi everyone. I'm new to this site. I am from Sunderland, UK and would like it if i received some messages from other goldwing owners.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks for your prompt reply. I went on my first tour to Scotland last weekend. It rained heavily every day and I couldn't see through the screen as the water wouldn't disperse. Also there was no wind hitting my helmet visor so it was very difficult to see it. Had to stand up very often to clear visor. Is thereanything i can do to prevent this? I am too small to see over the screen.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

PaulBaxter wrote:
Thanks for your prompt reply. I went on my first tour to Scotland last weekend. It rained heavily every day and I couldn't see through the screen as the water wouldn't disperse. Also there was no wind hitting my helmet visor so it was very difficult to see it. Had to stand up very often to clear visor. Is thereanything i can do to prevent this? I am too small to see over the screen.
There are several water dispersants you can use on the plexi, I don't know what brands are available in your country but Rain-Xavailable in the US has a good product. If nothing else a good waxing will help quite a bit. It is difficult at times if you can't see over the windscreen.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

Welcome PaulBaxter. :clapper: You'll enjoy this site with all it's humor and guruism..

REDWING!! I'm shocked!! :whip: It would appear you've dropped the ball here...

Where is our official welcome from our official welcoming committee?? Eh - Hem!!!

Redwing?????????

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
imported post

Welcome there's a great bunch of guys here with all kinds of info on goldwings,

As for the windscreen, I'd reccomend a wax or a rain-x product, It makes the water bead up and run off the windsheild, Could also put on your helmet visor.

Welcome Again:waving:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Renegade wrote:
Welcome PaulBaxter. :clapper: You'll enjoy this site with all it's humor and guruism..

REDWING!! I'm shocked!! :whip: It would appear you've dropped the ball here...

Where is our official welcome from our official welcoming committee?? Eh - Hem!!!

Redwing?????????
You'll have to excuse him, it's probably bed time out there in the Atlantic.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
imported post

Can you get a product by the name of Plexus over there? Does a great job on the windshield including making the water slide off.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Welcome PaulBaxter to the Worlds best "Wing" site !

Best bunch of guys you will find!

I'm sure in time you'll find a way to hook up with some of them to ride !

If you have any kinks in your bike check here first for info about the problem, these "Blokes" are amazing! Hope i spelled that right. don't want to offend anyone on the other side of the "Pond" ?

I believe most guys where you're at prefer using "Plexus" on their shields, they originally made for cleaning "fishTanks" works great on bikes !

I use "McGuires NXT Generation Speed Detailer", not the "Speed Wax"! 100% polymer, works great for me !

Ride Safe, my friend !

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Paul Baxter, what model "Wing" are you riding ?

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

Greetings to the board!

Rain-X original formula states on the bottle that the product is not recommended for plexiglass.

Rain-X did come out with a marine formula but I can't seem to locate it.

I've heard Pledge furniture wax works well.

Hobie

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Pledge does work pretty good, Meguires also works fairly well. Rain-X has a formula that can be used on plexiglass, need to check when purchasing.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I've been using Meguiar's for the past 40 years or so, have a bottle in the passenger armrest on the bike right now. Pledge with or without lemon works okay, it's easier to use than Mequiar's but doesnt clean as well IMNSHO. (In My Not So Humble Opinion)

I've seen a bottle of Rain-X that's claims to be plastic safe, and will try it out when I come across it again. I plan on replacing my windshield this coming winter, it's getting just a bit foggy so I don't have much to loose.I do like Rain-X on my truck, it works well, just go chugging (it's a diesel) in the rain with the wipers off. The stuff doesn't work as well on low angled windshields, I don't think the air flow is as strong, but I'd think it would work well on the bike if it doesn't damage the plastic.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

I've been looking for the "plastic safe Rain-X" and "Big Foot" , I'll let you know which one I find first !

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Hi PaulBaxterand welcome to the best Goldwing forum around. There's still no sign of Redwing (the official forum welcomer), I believe he has a tendency to lose his spectacles. :waving:

Rainex is supposed to be bad news for Honda windshields as it softens the coating. It even tells you on the bottle not to use it on plastic screens. Do a search on the forum with "Rainex" and see what comes up.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
imported post

Hi Paul and welcime to a great site.

I'm not long into Goldwings myself(1500 Interstate) after lapse from motorcycling of 35 years and have found this site to be amazing and a mine of information. Actually the last bike I had was whenI was a teenager living in Newton Aycliffe.I visit this site half a dozen times a day and it never ceases to amaze me as to the depth of information gleaned from people around the world in response to members questions. Hope you enjoy this site as much as I do and once again,,,, Welcome,

Regards,

John S.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Hello Paul and welcome aboard. Old Redwing is out talking with his dog
Shep who went on strike, (Redwing mistreats him and won't buy him a
nice trailer). Now before Redwing gets here, allow me to warn you. He
suffers from this delusion about Red GoldWings. We all humour him, but
we all know Black to be the best colour.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
imported post

PaulBaxter,

WELCOME!!:waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving::waving:

Brojees wrote:

He suffers from this delusion about Red GoldWings. We all humour him, but
we all know Black to be the best colour.
Black?:stumped::stumped::stumped:

Yellow I say!

:1000yellow::1000yellow::1000yellow::1000yellow::1000yellow::1000yellow::1000yellow::1000yellow::1000yellow::1000yellow::1000yellow::1000yellow::1000yellow:

:jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

BLACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
With CHROME!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.