Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello , Just wanted to say hi to everyone on the Forum. Just sold my 2000 Honda 750 Shadow Ace yesterday and will be picking up my new(used) Honda GT1200 Aspencade on Sat. So I thought I'd join a Forum dedicated to Goldwings I've never drove or even rode on one so this should be fun.Anyway I'am looking forward to talking and meeting to other members.

:DThanks , Jerry

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Welcome wingrider48 to the greatest GoldWing forum on the planet! Just remember the Goldwing is a couple hundred pounds heaver, so take it easy until you get used to it. And don't let it's size fool you, it is just as quick as your 750 if you get on it, but it takes longer to slow down, so be careful and keep the shiney side up, the wind to your back, and the smile on your face. Also you have to go a little slower in the curves than on your 750, a lot more to scrape than before. But have fun, enjoy the ride and be safe.:D

Gene:waving::11red::11red::11red::cooler:

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

Hi Jerry:waving:

Welcome to the Greatest Goldwing site on the net:clapper: I was in the same boat as you with having my first GW only mine is an 82 GL1100A....

Good luck and ride same!!:waving:

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
imported post

Welcome wingrider to the best site on the net regarding Goldwing's. Ask any questions & your bound to get an answer :waving:

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

Welcome Jerry:waving: It's a great site with good people, good info--You will love it!:cooler:

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks to everybody for the great welcome, I feel at home already. You can be sure that I will be very careful taking the bike out for the first time to get a feel for how it will handle. I do have one quick question where is a good place to buy some Emblems for my Aspencade? I need the Aspencade that goes across the back trunk and the Honda that goes on each side of the front fairing and maybe a couple more I'll know more after I pick it up.

Thanks

Jerry

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

wingrider48 wrote:
Thanks to everybody for the great welcome, I feel at home already. You can be sure that I will be very careful taking the bike out for the first time to get a feel for how it will handle. I do have one quick question where is a good place to buy some Emblems for my Aspencade? I need the Aspencade that goes across the back trunk and the Honda that goes on each side of the front fairing and maybe a couple more I'll know more after I pick it up.

Thanks

Jerry
I ordered a couple from BikeBandit.com, got them 4 days after I ordered them. Best price around for new ones.:D

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

GLester wrote:
wingrider48 wrote:

Thanks

Jerry
I ordered a couple from BikeBandit.com, got them 4 days after I ordered them. Best price around for new ones.:D

Welcome to the forum wingrider48! :waving:

I'm glad you asked that question! I need some myself, and the answer came with the question!

Bob :11grey:

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
imported post

Welcome Jerry....pretty new myself ....it"s a good bike and these are good people (well..most of them!!!)

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

daveinozbikes wrote:
Welcome Jerry....pretty new myself ....it"s a good bike and these are good people (well..most of them!!!)

Now we don't talk about REDWING that way, even if he is shirking his welcoming duties.

Welcome to the forum Wingrider48. You will find us a serious bunch and if you have any good pancake recipes, let us know! (We like ours with rabbit)

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Picked up my 1984 GL1200 Aspencade on Sat took it out for a ride today and all I can say is WOW:DThats the bigest most comfortable bike I've ever rode!Cruises down the road with such ease compaired to my 750 Shadow I had.My wife loves it as well her seat is so much more comfortable than that little cushion they called a seat on the Shadow.Everything works the Radio,CB all the gauges and lights I just havent figured out the air shocks yet but I ordered a Manual on it today so I'll check it out when it arrives. Just wanted to share my excitement. I'am sure I'll have some questions later.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Welcome "WingRider48" to the "WGGWWS"!

"RedWing" is our official Greeter, like at "WalMart"!

Don't use a gas station air hose on your shocks , could blow them out get a little football hand pump! I carry it with me because my onboard compresser is too slow!

Enjoy the Wing!:clapper:

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

FIRST THINGS FIRST CHECK YOUR STATOR CONNECTOR LEFT SIDE OF BATTERY!!!!

If plug still there cut it out throw it at the neighbors cat or something. Solder the three yellow wires straight thru This will save you all sorts of grief down the road

PS welcome to the site

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Ok , I cut off the connector and soldered the three yellow wires together. Now why did I do that? does the connector go bad or something? There's also a smaller connector next to it is this one ok to leave alone? Thanks for all your guys help.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

wingrider48 wrote:
Ok , I cut off the connector and soldered the three yellow wires together. Now why did I do that? does the connector go bad or something? There's also a smaller connector next to it is this one ok to leave alone? Thanks for all your guys help.

Jerry
Did you put "Shrink Wrap" around the wires?:baffled:

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

No but I taped them very well with black electrical tape. Is that enough?

Jerry

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

Taping them will do for about a year or so shrinkwrapping is more permanent and lasts better Tape has a tendency to unravel when wet and lo and behold you have a short where you don't want one

The reason you did this in the first place is that it is a know failure spot on 1200's

Stator wiring is poorly designed. While you are in there you should also replace the flat 30 amp fuse with a new holder(use existing screws for new holder just clean well)and a bayonette type fuse(30Amp) the old fuses crumble with age Again known weak spot took me months and a lot of help from this forum to get the bugs out of my new to me 1200 I've just completed a 2'000 km trip with absolutley no problems

Neil

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

Thanks for the great advise and heads up on those known failures I'll get some shrinkwrap from my local auto store and re-do those wires.:shock:

Thanks again

Jerry

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

wingrider48 wrote:
Hello , Just wanted to say hi to everyone on the Forum. will be picking up my new(used) Honda GT1200 Aspencade on Sat. So I thought I'd join a Forum dedicated to Goldwings.
Hey wingrider48 :waving:Greetings from the official "Forum Welcomer" :clapper:to the best Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper:They dont have guys like me at walmart.

The best of good wishes on your new :12red:i hope she is the fastest colour.

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Brojees wrote:
You will find us a serious bunch and if you have any good pancake recipes, let us know! (We like ours with rabbit)
:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.