Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello all. I just registered and wanted to introduce myself. I just bought my first bike and it's a 78 GW 1000. I don't know what it is with me and old vehilces (I have two 80's Mustangs) I think I'm just cheap.:D

I'm in Phoenix AZ and am 41 years old. I play with carb'd cars as a hobby and am looking forward to working on something with four.:shock:

I've riden before, a Honda 750 and a Kawasaki 1200 but it's been a long time and I didn't ride them that much. The first order of business is a safety class and my license. In themean time I'll be having some questions about the bike.

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
imported post

Welcome bpete. This sight will be able to help you if you run into any problems. Great people and eager to help. Good luck with the bike and ride safe. Randy

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

Welcome. You will find out soon that there are a bunch great people hanging around here. Helpful, friendly, funny, and more.

only one of us passed that cool test, though. :goofygrin:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

b.pete wrote:
Hello all. I just registered and wanted to introduce myself.
Hey b.pete :waving:Greetings to the best Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper:Hope you can visit often and enjoy the fun and banter and all the tech help. :weightlifter:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm normally called pete but that user name was taken.:(

I've been searching the posts and have already come up with lots of info. I like this forum already. It took me a long time to find a Mustang forum that wasn't a bunch of people flaming each other. :arguing:

I look forward to membership.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

WARNING! Worn out joke coming...

you could have called yourself re-pete?!?!

Sorry... Just so you know, I have heard my share of jokes about my name, too.

See ya...

Dick

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
imported post

Yeah, I heard somewhere thatUbar's first name is Tiny. :action::action:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

ubarw wrote:

See ya...

d**k
Yeah, he's so embarrrased, he can't even bring himself to spell it out!!:goofygrin:

Welcome Pete, from another Pete.

Pete.

( now that is a re-pete):goofygrin:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

For Pete's sake (and I don't know which Pete that was) We could have a PeteA and a PeteB or a Pete1 and Pete2, Pete the Younger and Pete the Elder, Pete Grande and Pete Poquito, Pete Major and Pete Minor, I kinda like Pete and Pete Petite! Or Pete Petite and Pete Patootie!

Why not b.pete, who else could he be?

:cheeky1:Damn it! NURSE I TOLD YOU I DON'T NEED THAT STUFF,AIN'T GOING TO TAKE IT!

:banana::2finger::banana:

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
ubarw wrote:

See ya...

d**k
Yeah, he's so embarrrased, he can't even bring himself to spell it out!!:goofygrin:

Welcome Pete, from another Pete.

Pete.

( now that is a re-pete):goofygrin:
Actually I did type it out. But the board software looks for nasties and inserts the asteriks.

Come on, the crack about "tiny"... Is that the best you can do? I heard that one 43 years ago. Thats not really a challenge to see how many you can come up with, the board would digress to a place we shouldnt go, right?

Anyhoo, welcome to pete...

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

its all good. I laugh at myself all the time. Recently I walked in to a restroom at work, and a feller at the wall recepticle looked up, saw who walked in, looked back down, and said "Hi Dick". I said, "dont talk to it, Steve".

:goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

You all are funny. I like the sense of humor and with all the searching of past posts I found no flamng. Boy it's nice to be on a board that's full of adults :D.

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
imported post

b.pete wrote:
You all are funny. I like the sense of humor and with all the searching of past posts I found no flamng. Boy it's nice to be on a board that's full of adults :D.

Adults :stumped::stumped::stumped::stumped::banana::banana:

welcome to the assylum bpete :waving:

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

I think of us as a community. Whats done, is done for the common good. Every here tries to help, or lift up, or make someone smile.

I only post from home, but I check the site several times a day. If my post count reflected how many times I check the site, not just actual posts, I think my count would rival REDWINGS

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

That was my sense of things. I have to admit my first love is a4 eyed Mustang so Carbed ford is where I spend most of my time. It's good to expand your horizons though so I see myself spending much time here.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

ubarw wrote:
I think of us as a community. Whats done, is done for the common good. Every here tries to help, or lift up, or make someone smile.
Yes UbarW, ( I am going to move away from the name jokes) you are right about a community and the help for the common good. Kindof"care in the Community", which if you are a subscriber to "deer alerts" we probably need:goofygrin::goofygrin:

I believe you can find one or two Peats in a bog in Ireland, maybe i'll change my name to Bog, it saves on writing if I had to sign my name.:baffled:

Pete

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

b.pete wrote:
I like the sense of humor and with all the searching of past posts I found no flamng. Boy it's nice to be on a board that's full of adults :D.
Hey b.pete :waving:Yeah this forum is well run :clapper: i try to help wexman the moderator and wingnut the Admin. to keep these guys under control. :weightlifter:If anyone steps out of line, :headbanger: we set up a court martial :3sum:to try them, and if found guilty we bring them outside and :gunner2:them.

:doh: :18red: :doh:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:
b.pete wrote:
I like the sense of humor and with all the searching of past posts I found no flamng. Boy it's nice to be on a board that's full of adults :D.
Hey b.pete :waving:Yeah this forum is well run :clapper: i try to help wexman the moderator and wingnut the Admin. to keep these guys under control. :weightlifter:If anyone steps out of line, :headbanger: we set up a court martial :3sum:to try them, and if found guilty we bring them outside and :gunner2:them.
The worst of it for us North Americans is the cost of travelling to Eire for the court martial.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.