Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello just wanted to drop in and introduce myself the group. My name is Lloyd ( real name ), and I am located in Vancouver Canada. At this time I riding a Honda shadow the VT750 Aero. I have had this bike for under 4 years now and I bought it new, and in those 3 and half some years I have single handedly managed to clock onto that bike some 57,000 Km’s. ( ride some or what…? )

Then came that dreadful day that it all happened, the day I took my Shadow in for service and there…sitting there was a GoldWing that was crying out to me…. test ride me…test ride me…so the fool that I was….I did..! It was only going to be a one hour test ride, and I do not know what all happened….just like some drug junky on a high…I lost all track of time, well maybe I just wanted to lose all track of time. But the one hour test ride turned into 6+ hours and I took it back just as they were closing up and about to lock the doors. Well that ride did it…I am hooked…and now I need and want one… So with some luck this spring/summer I will be buying a new 2009 Goldwing and just using my shadow for city buzzing around and so on. I think for anyone that rides and really enjoys riding, there should be a warning sticker placed on all the Goldwings that should go something like this…Warning riding this bike could be habit forming and lead to permanent addiction, do so at your own risk! No known cure has been found at this time for this addiction.

P.S. If anyone has a owners manual for the GL1800's that is 2007 or newer and its in a PDF format or something that could be sent my email I would love to read the manual on this bike and get up to speed on all of the neat things it has and so on. Plus I have a ton of questions as well on the GoldWings as well. Nice bike...however I found the front shocks on the forks to be hard as a rock and not give all that smooth of a ride on a rougher road....or could it just been that, that back was like that only....only ridden one so far so have nothing to compare it to at this time. It just seemed overly stiff for my liking....thats all. The rest...perfect could not ask for anythingmore!

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum Lloyd, from N.W. Missouri!

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the
Steve Saunder's GOLDWING FORUM

A Big Welcome FromTEXAS

·
Pops
4,519 Posts
imported post

HelloLloydand welcome from Arizona.

[align=left] "Why buy'm if you don't ride'm"[/align]
[align=left]
[/align]

·
Premium Member
7,133 Posts
imported post

Hey! :waving: from Hamburg, NY
[align=center]THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO BE![/align]

If you have Goldwing Technical Smarts - GIVE IT! :2finger:

If you need help - ASK FOR IT! :blushing:
If you know of an event coming up or a cool ride you went on - SHARE IT! :banana:

If you have a joke or funny story - TELL IT! :cheeky1:[/align]
If you have prayers to give or need some - FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE, SAY IT! :angel:

If you have anything bad to say to or about anyone on this forum - STUFF IT! :whip:

[align=center] WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!!!
:cooler:[/align]

And Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to All

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Wow, you are hooked, as just about all of us are. Great people here and lots of knowledgeable information as well.

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

Welcome LLoyd from Virginia

Ritchie & Lyn :waving:

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
imported post

Hi....welcome from the Netherlands!!!:banana:

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Welcome to this Great Site!

Pull up a chair and join on in!

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum from the State of Confusion........Kansas! :waving:

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Thanks....and just have to ask....why Confusion...??? I await with baited breath as to your reply...... baited breath... seems I will have to switch mymonth wash....LOL

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

Lloyd wrote:
Thanks....and just have to ask....why Confusion...???
Hey Lloyd, if you ever lived in Kansas with some of our wierd laws and taxes...........:baffled:You would understand! :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy the forum as much as we do! There is a lot of experience and knowledge of Goldwings which I have learned from everyday! :cooldevil:If you got a question or want advice, just ask.....you will get more information than you probably want!! :shock:

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.