Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello,

I am new to the group as well as the Honda Goldwing. I just purchased a 2009 GL1800 Airbag model with 0.6 miles which was ordered about seven weeks ago. I have a question regarding a new J&M headset. The headset is installed in the helmet and at the time of purchasing the performance series headset I purchased a separate volume control as the lower cord for my wife. When I plugged the headset in to hear the radio through the headset the master volume on the GW has to be set to about 17 with the separate volume control set to maximum to hear the radio with any appreciable volume.

This is my first MC with an intercom and radio and want to know if this is normal. My expectation was the volume would be adequate at greater than 5 or 6 on the master volume especially with the separate volume contro on the passenger headset. Any help and advise with this would be appreciated.

Thank you for your assistance and I am looking forward to a good season of riding if the weather ever gets warm hear in northwest Ohio.

Best regards,

Mike

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Welcome to this Great Site!

Pull up a chair and join on in!

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

If you go to the Tech forum and ask I bet you'll get a quick reply there, just check the little box at the bottom of the message area that says notify me by email and you'll get an email saying someone has replied to your question.

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum from Kansas :waving:

I hope you find the forum informative and as much fun as we do! :cooldevil:

Come on in..............the water is fine, just jump on in! ;)

Again, Welcome Aboard!!
:action:

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

:waving:WELCOME TO THE FORUM FROM WASHINGTON STATE!!

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

I think ............check your mute controls and the radio volume on the radio, push the buttons and they switch to another mode, adjust all of them including the auto/volume up about 2/3 of max range, then you can control it all from the handle bar control.

Kit

·
Premium Member
7,133 Posts
imported post

Hey! :waving: from Hamburg, NY
[align=center]THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO BE![/align]

If you have Goldwing Technical Smarts - GIVE IT! :2finger:

If you need help - ASK FOR IT! :blushing:
If you know of an event coming up or a cool ride you went on - SHARE IT! :banana:

If you have a joke or funny story - TELL IT! :cheeky1:[/align]
If you have prayers to give or need some - FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE, SAY IT! :angel:

If you have anything bad to say to or about anyone on this forum - STUFF IT! :whip:

[align=center] WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!!!
:cooler:[/align]

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

Welcome mrwidner to a great forum from the Coooold North. Ontario Canada. :waving: :)

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the board, best place to get good honest information, lots of helpful folks here. Welcome from VA:waving:

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
imported post

Welcome from, "I don't know what weather I want to be today" Virginia!

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
imported post

Welcome aboard from Ontario, Canada!

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Welcome from sunny Southern California, it's going to be 75+ here tomorrow time to go riding again

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

Welcome Welcome.
On your volume issue, Kit has a good tip. Also, I would not hesitate to give J&M a call. 800 358 0881. They are great people and know your Goldwing systems and vary helpful, even if the problem is not with their equipment.
Enjoy your new ride.
Corventure Dave

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the
Steve Saunder's GOLDWING FORUM

A Big Welcome FromTEXAS

·
Banned
7,545 Posts