Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Saying hello from North Carolina. I'm real close to buying my first Goldwing but don't know if I'm getting a fair deal. It's an '83 Interstate with 83,000 miles. It hasn't been riden since last year but it will crank, as long as you keep blipping the throttle, but won't idle. This may straighten itself out if it's riden some, or it may need the carbs cleaned. I guess the the biggest problem is that the "nut" cut the bars that holds the trunk on, off. Something I could easily fix with a piece of bar to splice it and a welder. He says it had a custom paint job with some sort of Indian painted on it that he did not like, so he sanded the tank, fairings, and bags, and painted them with a rattle can. Something else I can easily fix (I'm a painter). It shows some old gas that's leaked on the engine cases on the right side just above where your foot is when it's on the peg (maybe at the fuel pump?).
I can get it for about $1000. Does anyone have an opinion. Thanks for your time. I'm very eager to hear what current owners think and hope to join your klan very soon.

·
Premium Member
20,611 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum from Kansas!!! :waving:

I hope you find the Forum as informative and as much fun as we do!!:cooldevil:

Again, Welcome Aboard!!
:action:

I used to live in King until 2004 and worked in the Fire Department......I do miss the area a lot! If I can help you in anyway, let me know!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Wow, that's our fire truck! That's pretty cool, coming all the way from Kansas.
What do you think about the Goldwing I'm considering? Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
4,472 Posts
imported post

Welcome Aboard!:waving:

That doesn't sound unreasonable for a running Goldwing. Have you given a look this Buying a used GL1100 from Steve's main page? I would go through his checklist and make sure there aren't any other major problems and adjust your offer accordingly. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
20,611 Posts
imported post

jywlkrs26 wrote:
What do you think about the Goldwing I'm considering? Any thoughts?
It's a fair price for a running Wing, I would take Jerryk's advice, check out Steve's link on buying a GW. He is a lot smarter than me. :cooldevil:

Also check out the tech forum here.....there are a lot of good link on older bikes as well. If I can help you in anyway, shoot me a PM.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the state of Pennsylvania!

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
imported post

Velcomen.

Please say hi to my brother in NC and my sister and brother in law. I'm sure you will see them. There can't be that many people way out east can there?

My feelings are $1000 is not much to risk. I figured when I bought my 1800 that if I did not like it and decided to dump it on ebay and took about a grand hit to try it, I'd be ok with that. Turns out I like it a bunch. Hope you like yours as well.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum from sunny Southern California. Not really a bad price. But with the things you say are wrong just perhaps you can get just a bit better deal.

·
Pops
4,519 Posts
imported post

Hello and welcome from Arizona.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Welcome to this Great Site!

Pull up a chair and join on in!

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

·
Premium Member
7,133 Posts
imported post

Hey! :waving: from Hamburg, NY
[align=center]THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO BE![/align]

If you have Goldwing Technical Smarts - GIVE IT! :2finger:

If you need help - ASK FOR IT! :blushing:
If you know of an event coming up or a cool ride you went on - SHARE IT! :banana:

If you have a joke or funny story - TELL IT! :cheeky1:[/align]
If you have prayers to give or need some - FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE, SAY IT! :angel:

If you have anything bad to say to or about anyone on this forum - STUFF IT! :whip:

[align=center] WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!!!
:cooler:[/align]

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

BIG WELCOME and Hope to hear a lot from you on this great site. :clapper:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.