Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

817 views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  Tib 
#1 ·
imported post

Greetings! :cool:

I just started riding again after 20yrs. Way back then, I had a 77 Wing, stock w/Vetter fairing. That was preceded by a 76 Honda 750 w/fairing. I new as soon as I started riding the Wing it was the best ride out there. Put a ton of miles on it (>50K) the first few years, then came marriage and family. So, I sold it after #2 was born, bought another 79 Wing a few years later but that didn't last long (young children need/deserve lots of attention).

Anyway, was on Craigs List a few weeks ago searching for a washer/dryer, clicked on the "motorcycles" link for kicks, and viola!, within 4 days found myself the proud owner of a mostly gently used '82 Aspencade.

It's in decent shape, mileage unknown (I estimate 50K or so) and was road ready (best news). Put ~1,300 miles on it the first three weeks, then last night I went to start it (after a 100mile ride earlier in the day) and ker-plunk.. wouldn't even turn over.

Battery water was low, so I filled it and tried jumper cables and that didn't work - still won't turn over, just a single "clunk" every time. I will be delighted if it's *just* the battery and that simple replacement will get me riding again...

Anyway, I'm worried it might be the starter so my surfing landed me here.

So, it's 8am so I'm off to get the battery tested and replaced if necessary. Wish me luck, it's supposed to be a warm sunny day and I would love to be riding my Wing instead of repairing...

See less See more
#2 ·
imported post

Welcome to the family Rayman Wingman. After you check the battery, you might want to pull the starter and do a cleanup and check the brushes, mine did the same thing. new brushes for 23 bucks work wonders. BTW I also have an 82 Aspy.

#6 ·
imported post

Hey! :waving: from Hamburg, NY
[align=center]THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO BE![/align]

If you have Goldwing Technical Smarts - GIVE IT! :2finger:

If you need help - ASK FOR IT! :blushing:
If you know of an event coming up or a cool ride you went on - SHARE IT! :banana:

If you have a joke or funny story - TELL IT! :cheeky1:[/align]
If you have prayers to give or need some - FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE, SAY IT! :angel:

If you have anything bad to say to or about anyone on this forum - STUFF IT! :whip:

[align=center] WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!!!
:cooler:[/align]

#7 ·
imported post

Welcome to the forum, from sunny Southern California :action:

#8 ·
imported post

Welcome from the state of Pennsylvania!

#10 ·
imported post

Welcome to the Forum from Kansas!!! :waving:

I hope you find the Forum as informative and as much fun as we do!!:cooldevil:

Again, Welcome Aboard!! :action:

#11 ·
imported post

Welcome Aboard!:waving:

#14 ·
imported post

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.