Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi everybody this is my first time to post on any blog I'm not good with computers so excuse the things i do wrong.
I just bought a 89 wing (great bike) The question i have is on the fairing right side by the the windshield adjustment lever is a square hole about one inch. The owner did not know what is was for he bought the bike used anybody know what goes there.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]Welcome alillico[/align]

·
Premium Member
12,781 Posts
imported post

:waving:Hello and Welcome . Does this square hole look to be a factory hole , as in nice straight edges , smooth ? I dont know about the 89 . I have a 94 and on the right side is a knob which opens and closes a pair of doors . These doors/flappers are located down on the lower covers of the engine . They are at the forward edge and somewhat triangular in shape . There purpose is to allow warm air on your feet in cold weather . Thats the only factory item I can think of in that position . Again Welcome . Ride often and visit when you can .

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

It is a factory cut my bottom air vents have levers on them which change from heat to cool i have a service manual and a owners manual neither one shows this or mentions it. I wonder if it had a plug originally placement of the hole is almost mirror the left side where the headlight aim knob is. Maybe some other country uses the headlight knob on the right. sorry doubled clicked and posted twice

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

It is a factory cut my bottom air vents have levers on them which change from heat to cool i have a service manual and a owners manual neither one shows this or mentions it. I wonder if it had a plug originally placement of the hole is almost mirror the left side where the headlight aim knob is. Maybe some other country uses the headlight knob on the right.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Best to ask your questions in the tech section where the smart guys hang out.

Wish I could help, but I own an 1800.

Pictures would also be helpful to see what you are talking about.

You will get used to this site soon enough.

It is truely a great big family hereand a lot of people willing to help out.:waving:

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

thanks I will take a picture soon and figure out how to up load it and post on the tech side

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts
imported post

WELCOME:waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
28,832 Posts
imported post

Welcome, WelcomeTo Steve Saunders Goldwing Forum.If you have any questions no matter how trivial they may seem this forum is the place to ask them. What I have noticed is that some of the people here were :15red:'sin their previous lives and can answer any question you have. Theforums that I get the most from are::

Goldwing Technical Forum

General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

These have the best info aboutGoldwing’s and are where you ask questions and can get help..

For Sale/Wanted ForumGood stuff for Sale or if you have old parts sitting around the garage you would like to get rid of....

:18red::15red::12red::11red:

And when all you need is a good laugh to start your day try the:: Fun Forum After that it’s up to you which of the others you will like the best all I can do is suggest.

Again Welcome to the Forum...

Oh and did I mention everyone here loves pictures.. Show us some of yours... Even if it’s not a Goldwing just a pretty view

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum alillico! :waving:

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
imported post

Welcome from Oklahoma :waving: Enjoy the wing :cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member