Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I guess I was to start here? Sorry I guess I should read the details.
Bought a new to me a 1988 in fairly good shape. This bike had no real maintenance documented so I jumped right in and some routine maintenance was not done. I also found that some plastic damage had been repaired. To date I have replaced the entire rear end with a 1995. had both wheels power coated as they were so pitted I could not get them to look very good. Still waiting on those to get back.
I have replaced the alternator and battery with Comufire combo, front fork springs with progressive springs, replaced the rear shocks to progressive air shocks. Got with Rudy and have replaced all the brake and clutch lines from banjo to banjo. Awaiting a rebuilt starter.
Right now rebuilding carbs to replace the jets but to date have not been able to locate the primary (#90) jet. These are not too different to the last bike I owned in the 70's, a cb750 super sport.
I would like to thank all on the forum for the enlightenment of correct procedures and products.
And if anyone could steer me to the location of the missing jets, that would be great.
Wish all a good year.
jerry

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts

Welcome:waving:jp in mn

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forum! :waving: Doesn't really matter where you start... just that you start somewhere. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all! I am new to the Goldwing family and figured that I should find a place where I can hear everyone's knowledge. Looking forward to it all!

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma :waving: Enjoy the wing :cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
73,652 Posts
Hallo jp in mn

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: