Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Proud new owner of a 1978 GL1000 that I'm deeming worthy of my first ever project bike. Hopefully not too far over my head, got a lot to learn but looking forward to every minute even with the headaches and bruised knuckles. Already put plenty of time in to the bike with some good results. Currently working on stripping it down for a good clean and getting the tank out to clean out the rust. Anyone have any experience with Electrolysis on motorcycle tanks? Figured I'd start there before getting it running.

Planning on doing:
Gas Tank- as previously mentioned
Carb overhaul with Randakk's
Timing Belt
Tires- Possible Avon Venom's or Dunlops
Fork Seals
Starter Motor Brushes
and much much more.

·
Premium Member
12,869 Posts
Hello and Welcome . Look at the top of the page towards the right , just under the advertising bar . You should see a "Search" function . Click on that and type in electrolysis or gas tank cleaning ,something along those lines . It should bring you to postings related to the subject . It may take a few different word combos . I hope your able to find the info to help you . Enjoy your project and visit often .

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma :waving: Enjoy the wing :cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
73,691 Posts
Hallo mlyle78

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts

Welcome:waving:mlyle78

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

·
Premium Member
28,832 Posts
Welcome, Welcome To Steve Saunders Goldwing Forum so withany Maintenance you do.If you have any questions no matter how trivial they may seem this forum is the place to ask them. What I have noticed is that some of the people here were 'Goldwings in their previous lives and can answer any question you have. The forums that I get the most from are::

Goldwing Technical Forum
General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

These have the best info about your bike and are where you ask questions and get help..

For Sale/Wanted Forum Good stuff for Sale....

And when you just need a good laugh:: Fun Forum Again Welcome to the Forum...

And A Big Welcome From Clermont, Indiana.....

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.