Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Billy. I have a 1996 GL1500. I bought it and it ran great. I put it on a trailer and brought it home. The next day I tried to start the bike up. It will turn over but no spark. Took to the Honda shop and spent $200 for them to tell me all the switches and relays run properly. Replaced battery just in case. Still no spark. Please help.

·
Administrator
22,400 Posts
:welc:

Sounds like the kill switch, or something in that system. At some point Honda made them so they won't turn over at all with the switch off. Don't know what year that was.

Please update your profile to include your city, state and bike info.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
So key on, in neutral (as verified by the green light on the dash), kill switch to RUN. You get cranking, but no spark? How did you determine no spark? No spark on ANY cylinder?

As Dennis mentioned, adding your general location and bike year/model to your profile would be a big help to responders. Use the “User CP” link at the tp of the page.

Welcome to the forum by the way, we got ur back!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oldschool

Yes all the lights are on. Took all the spark plugs out. And turned the bike over and no spark. Grabbed the spark plugs and they won't even shock you. 12.7 in the battery. Also I can't figure out out to update my profile but I'm from Smith's Station Alabama and I have a 1996 GL1500.

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
N spark anywhere all of the sudden sure sounds like an electrical issue. Are you able to get to the coil pack? With the switches set as described above, it would be good to know if you are getting 12v on the black/white wire.

You may want to post the issue on the Technical forum as you will get more eyeballs on the problem.

Moderators: Maybe move this thread?

Here is the “User CP” link...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
64,479 Posts
Hallo Billyd021

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts