Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just joined so let me introduce myself. I go by the name of Malcolm or Mally or Mal and based in the United Kingdom. Born & Breed in the North East of England in a little town called Billingham. Brand new to the Goldwing experience and to be honest it's been a while since I last experienced the joys of two wheels. I'm getting there and getting my confidence back but whole new experience riding a Goldwing lol.
I've a 1996 Golding GL1500 and having a few issues at the moment. New battery fitted a few weeks ago because it wouldn't hold a charge if left for a few days. When changed battery everything was find for a week of so and then when filling the bike and getting back onto the bike it wouldn't start. Flat as a do-do.
Called out the AA who checked over the battery etc and told me that the Alternator was knackered. Anyway after some stupid quotes for getting a reconditioned one, and then fitting it. I decided to remove the Alternator and get it tested. So its in the workshop at the moment being tested and fingers crossed.
I'll keep you updated as we go along.

Take care

Mal

·
Premium Member
64,247 Posts
Hallo Northsouluk

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts