·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

I never had a Commando but I loved my Model 50. I don't think I would trade the Wing for any bike, but I do wish I had the shekels to have a garage full of them!

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

I bought a New Norton Ranger when I got home from "Nam in 1969. Great bike; wish I still had it. This one looks neat.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

So they still build those things backwards? Shifter on the right? Brake on the left? Made for those who drive on the wrong side of the road. :)

Kit

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
imported post

Yup, when I was a highschool kid I just drooled over Norton Commandos. What a classic bike! (Never got one though.)

Dubswing - thank you for your service to your country!

I was Navy(surface line)and was in combat zone there, but never stepped foot on land. Some of my classmates a few years older than me drew swift boat duty. Many of them didn't come back. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
imported post

It's already been done. (20 years ago)

TOP =2008 Norton 961

BOTTOM = 1989 Honda GB 500

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

I bought a used H1 when I got back from "Nam(1972) then in 1973 I found a cheap, complete Matchless 600 in a garage sale!

"So they still build those things backwards? Shifter on the right(left)? Brake on the left(right)?" - haha that what we always said about the Japanese bikes!

the dealer in Sacramento has tried to talk me into the modern Triumphs a few times but darn they just don't compare to my old 60s models.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

I sincerely wish the New Norton better luck this time round. :clapper:

Not my cup of tea, but I hope they appeal to many riders.

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
imported post

Oh........The motorcycle! Whew! I thought Silverfox was running around naked again!! :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Flyone wrote:
Oh........The motorcycle! Whew! I thought Silverfox was running around naked again!! :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:
Never !! Silverfox never runs anywhere Bill!!!!:shock::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
imported post

I had an Atlas back in the early 70s. Good power for the time but it vibrated way too much. I heard the Comandos were a bit smoother.

Q

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Q wrote:
I had an Atlas back in the early 70s. Good power for the time but it vibrated way too much. I heard the Comandos were a bit smoother.

Q
They were allot smoother due to there ISOLASTIC, ENGINE MOUNTINGS,,these needed shimming,and kept vibration down

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
imported post

Kit Carson wrote:
So they still build those things backwards? Shifter on the right? Brake on the left? Made for those who drive on the wrong side of the road. :)

Kit
Looking closely at the pictures it looks as if they moved the brakes to the right........ (there are more pictures than the first 5)

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Panatellos wrote:
Kit Carson wrote:

Kit
Looking closely at the pictures it looks as if they moved the brakes to the right........ (there are more pictures than the first 5)
Yep, I was just trying to see what those guys across the pond would say. :)

Kit

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
imported post

I fell in love with a 69 Commander-S in matallic blue. Only 750 scrambler I've ever seen. The dealer started it and was rattling the show-room windows. I can't remember who was grinning more... :)

I settled for a Triumph 650-C of the same vintage, but that bike and all of the Norton ads from the early 70's just oozed sex-appeal,,, :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

WingMan71, Thank you for your service to our country as well! It was an honor to serve. It was also an honor to be with a great group of young men, of which, a lot did not come home. The Norton was my therapy and I really needed it right then. I met the girl of my dreams on that bike and we are still together 40 years later. Tell me God wasn't watching over this poor coal miner's son! Ride safe my brothers!

Bernie

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.