Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Yep, the low fuel light should come on around 1 gallon from empty. Running 65-70mph I get about 40mpg. Just came back from a 2500 mile ride this evening and averaged 43mpg. I ran the bike as far as 240 miles at one time and still had over half a gallon in the tank. On a previous trip I got 256 miles and had .6 gallons left. That time I was more worried and dropped down to 50 mph for the last 80 miles. Usually the light comes on just after the fuel gauge passes the red line by the 'E'. You do need to get over 3000rpm to get the power up, I'll bet you had to run your KZ1300 at least that fast or higher.

Take a careful look at your front brake caliper, the right one, to see if the caliper is free. A sticking caliper can give occasional changes in lever feel. Look at the pads, they should be wearing down pretty evenly, if one is worn much more than the other, you havea sticking caliper.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Nice looking seat Kyle. I'm hoping to replace mine next spring, my 13 year old seat has had a lot of use, looks good but might be losing a bit of support.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.