imported post

David, That sure is nice looking! Way to go:clapper:

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Ray,
Thanks! Talking about luck, I found this in a man's garage who unfortunately could not ride anymore. He let it so for a really cool price. I do not believe I could find another like this one for the same price or lower for the shape this one is in. Now, Its Vacation Time!
Thanks Again,
Sincerely,
Nightrider1

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Ray,
On your quote, it says "On July 6th 1999, I realized what true love is!" Did U get married or get your Wing?
Dont wanna get myself hit.....
Nightrider1

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Nightrider1 wrote:
Ray,
On your quote, it says "On July 6th 1999, I realized what true love is!" Did U get married or get your Wing?
Dont wanna get myself hit.....
Nightrider1
We were married 10 years ago come july 6th :cool:before I met Tracy, I was a rounder and never had any intentions of staying with any lady more than one night:shock:And to think I thought that was a good life, nope don't miss it one bit. I was rescued by my wife's true undying devotion and true love:angel2:

Keep Safe, Ray

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Man, Thats Fantastic! You are a very lucky man Ray!
God Bless,
David

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

Yupper....Thats a sweety

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

redeyes88,
Thanks! I am still kinda of more fond of my 80 GL1100, because I am so used to it. Seems the Aspencade is much lower RPM's on the interstate though, and I have noticed a greater fuel mileage.
Sincerely,
David

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

Seems like more people have noticed the instrument panel then the seat. The seat has been cut down, and foam put on top of it, and re-covered with leather. Easy on the rear. Really!
Just for your info. VERY COMFORTABLE.
Thanks,
Nightrider

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Why does the driver's cup holder look like it has a pair of folding sunglasses in it and it's full of water?

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

Mike,
I had a pair of dark gloves in it, along with my sunglasses. I forgot to take them out before shooting the pics. It will look much sharper after i get it cleaned up throughly.
Thanks Bro,
David Aka Nightrider1

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Nice looking bike David, and a good price on it t'boot. How's she run?

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
imported post

I'd tend to that cracked fairing as soon as possible. Take out the glove box and see how bad the fairing is broken up inside under the metal mounting bracket. You might try using some ABS cement and cut some flat sheets of ABS to try and regain some stability to the fairing. Don't let the cracks propogate any further.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
imported post

Mike,
She purs like a kitten setting at 1000 RPM's. I am shocked at the difference. There is one probblem I have found with it so far, and that is a rear running light has a broken wire. (Now Repaired) Ouch! Lol. Like your find. Have you got any pics up yet? On my 83,She could use a carb sync and then a valve set, but I do not have no carb setting vaccum guages. Crock. I'll tell you what though, the gear ratio between my 80 and 83 is amazing. On the 80, at 3000 rpms, I am running 55mph. At 55mph on the 83, it is around 2450-2500.The digital jumps 1 noch at that speed. It's Unreal. Also, the difference in enging pitch. At 70mph on my 80 Wing, it is really talking high. On the 83 Aspencade at 70, it is a smoothe brummmmmmm, (except for the ocassional clattering valves at acceleration.)
Thanks Bro,
David

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Lil Pete wrote:
I'd tend to that cracked fairing as soon as possible. Take out the glove box and see how bad the fairing is broken up inside under the metal mounting bracket. You might try using some ABS cement and cut some flat sheets of ABS to try and regain some stability to the fairing. Don't let the cracks propogate any further.
Where did you see a crack in the fairing, I didn't see it.

Wait a minute, I think I do see it. Just to the rear of the right side clearance light next to the trim piece. A kinda white looking line.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
imported post

Got som big ol house speakers on the Top rear case lol, I have thought about mounting some tweaters fm a old PC setup, the cases are smaller and kinda streamlined!

·
Premium Member
12,803 Posts
imported post

David she a looker for sure . The RPM is lower at highway speed . The 83 had the transmission and final drive ratios revised from the earlier 1100s .

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
imported post

mrbrick,
LOL, I gotta agree that they are an eyesore, and I cannot hear them but just ads more to the load. I' going to take them off as soon as the weather permits. I am going to get the crack repaired. Got some tips from Kent a while ago on a set of Vetter Farings and trunk I gave him.
Thanks,
Nightrider1

mrbigrick wrote:
Got som big ol house speakers on the Top rear case lol, I have thought about mounting some tweaters fm a old PC setup, the cases are smaller and kinda streamlined!

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
imported post

Anyone ever wonder why they limited the colors for the first few years? Wineberry, plus 3 more?
Nightrider

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.