Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

doe's anyone no if and where I could get a new set of over sized pistons and rings for my 1986 gl1200 goldwing? so I could overhaul it. according to the honda dealership you can no longer get pistons for it and if thats the case I guess my goldwing will have to go to the graveyard or unless I could find a used engine for it. Thanks for any info Spike.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
imported post

I don't think oversizes have been available for a very long time Spike. Even standard sizedpistons have been discontinued by Honda.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

ya. it looks like I'm probably going to have to try and find a used engine for it . or junkit and thats to bad because it's a nice looking bike.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I wonder will a 84 engine work on my 86 bike and would every thing bolt up?

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

An 84 engine will bolt straight in, but the pulse generator is on the back of the 84 engine so remember to take the ones off the front of the 86 engine and fit them instead to the 84 (the mount points are there) along with the centre plate that goes on the crankshaft bolt. Thta way if you ever need to replace the pulse coils you won't need to pull the engine.

·
Premium Member
3,776 Posts
imported post

You might try Bike Bandit.com

They list a large variety of factory "NEW" parts. The over-size pistons go about $60 U.S. each, rings are about the same per set. Deffinatly not cheap, but supposedly available.

I tried to post the link, but my computer skills are just too lacking...:?

Hope this helps. Also, I picked-up a NEW alternator(stator), and clutch pack, friction and drive plates for my 86 Interstate for $350.U.S. from Mr.Cycle.com here in the colonies.

Seems to be a lot more wrecking/parts outlet dealers on this side of the pond.

Good luck.......:gunhead:

·
Premium Member
3,776 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the technical support FitzAl... :D

It's just about all I can do to keep my fingers on the proper Keys...

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
imported post

Try Sabre cycle and also CMS in the Netherlands I think. Just do a search for cms motorcycle parts. I have dealt with them before and they are pretty good. They have a lot of nos. I am in Canada and parts were del'v within 5 bus days.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

It's great to see that you can still get engine parts for the older Wings, even if Honda are discontinuing them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.