Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 1988 1500.....I always wanted a 02-03 orange 1800..every one i find ie either a rat or i'ts priced to high..or its to far to go to look at it...I found an 04 with ABS its white..107 K CB heated grips and a CD in the trunk... wired for GPS,Radar,Ipod,and heated clothes...It was droped and the mirror, wind shield, and Cb antenna was replaced...the owner rode it for 11k after it was droped...it still has minor dammage to faring behind mirror,the exhaust header cover is dented and there is some scrapes on the lower bag...I rode the bike and it runs great and everything works...i can buy it for $4,ooo..i was thinking of painting it and fixing it up...has anyone here ever painted a 1800 how diffacult is it to dissasemble....and do you think it is worth the time and money to rehab a 1800 with 107K...I can do all the work myself including the paint...and i will still have my 1500 to ride until i finish this project....ant thoughts or advice would be appreciated thanks

Attachments

·
1,717 Posts
imported post

4.000 ?? , what are you waiting for ??.
Over here a bike like that would cost apr. 40.000$ ; Yes i wrote 40.000$ ( first the shipping , then 9% custom , then 25% sales tax , then 180% registation tax , and others "small" amounts , around 1.000$ ).
AND if you get cougt on it , and you dont have paid the tax ,then you must pay the tax , + THE SAME AMOUNT in fine !

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

For $4K I would jump all over that! even with the mileage, it's got at least 100K to 150K left in her.

Only thing I would be concerned about was the dent in the exhaust shield. How hard was the Hit? Is there any damage to the head?

I couldn't help answer the painting for you, but white would be one of my choices in color.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Well i bought her for $3250.....as far as the exhaust cover...it was dropped last year and the previous owner put 11,000...miles on it with no problems...since i bought it i have put 450 miles on it to see if there were any problems...the only things i found were no low beams...one was out and the other one had a loose connection on the adapter for the bulb...the cruise switch is sticky....the PIAA lights need a new relay...Bike runs great ....i just found the upper cowel stay on EBAY for $24...i will take it appart and install the stay if that straightens out the dash then i plan on a full dissesamble and paint....i wish someone would chime in who has done this....:?

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

Cool Project. Take it apart and make a list for Gary for all the parts you need new, I bet he will cut you a good deal. Then paint it orange and make it yours. I am doing the same thing with my 1500 and loving it.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Most of the plastic parts are easy enough to remove. The front fairing panels and trunk are the difficult ones.
You can leave the fairing uppers on the bike and mask everything else, if you plan to paint the parts yourself.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
imported post

That's not a deal, it's a steal! That would even be a decent deal if it were 10 years older. I don't know how you could live with yourself. Although...if your conscience gets to you, I'd be willing to take it off your hands. ;)

Steve

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
imported post

earnies2 wrote:
OK i'll bite WHO is GARY.....I'm making a list...:readit:
I think he is talking about Gary at cyclemax.

www.cyclemax.com

Good place to find parts you need for your wing. Has an OEM section to find all the parts you need.

Also great people to do business with......:claps::claps::claps:

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
imported post

Good find. Man that white makes the 18 pretty sharp. First one I've seen in that color. I like it. Congrats n enjoy.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

SCB wrote:
That's not a deal, it's a steal! That would even be a decent deal if it were 10 years older. I don't know how you could live with yourself. Although...if your conscience gets to you, I'd be willing to take it off your hands. ;)

Steve
Ok Would you give me $3255....For it...????:?

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

erwjww wrote:
Good find. Man that white makes the 18 pretty sharp. First one I've seen in that color. I like it. Congrats n enjoy.
That is the 2004 stock white...Take a very good look at it next time you see it she will be meatal flake orange

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
imported post

earnies2 wrote:
SCB wrote:

Steve
Ok Would you give me $3255....For it...????:?
In a heartbeat!!!! When and where???

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.