Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
27,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to finishing up one of my projects. Got new tires and brake cables, got those on and took it for a short ride. Runs about like I expected, actually kind of scarey when you get it to top speed.

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
sweet !!!!!! :claps: :claps::claps::bow: :bow: Nice work of ART...

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
Very cool. Maybe see you in Simcoe on it? :raspberry::waving:

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Watch out....Redwing may be looking for a new ride...................

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
I had a similar feeling when I put a 50cc engine on one of my bicycles. It didn't go all that fast but 35mph on a bicycle with bicycle brakes is faster than 35mph on a GW.:shock:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Here's the bike.This one was a four stroke the previous one I built was a two stroke which I liked better. The one in the picture had a centrifugal clutch and pull start while the one I put on my old mountain bike had a manual clutch. You bump started that one. I got talked into selling both of them. I might have to rig up another this summer if I can find a bike with cantilever brakes reasonably cheap. The motor kits can be found for less than $200 on line. These things aren't exactly legal around here but there are quite a few running around. The town police say they have better things to do than ticket motorized bicycles unless the riders are acting like idiots.

Attachments

·
Administrator
27,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
. These things aren't exactly legal around here but there are quite a few running around. The town police say they have better things to do than ticket motorized bicycles unless the riders are acting like idiots.

What could be the difference in that and a factory built moped?

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
thats great

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
What could be the difference in that and a factory built moped?
Lack of meeting EPA requirements though it does have a CAT in the muffler. Lack of lighting, brake lights, etc. etc. On the other hand it isn't all that much faster, heavier or larger than a bicycle that needs none of the above.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
:claps:Sweet looking ride. Ready to hit the open road.:waving:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.