Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
imported post

If you're going to haul this on the bike, is there a weight and bulk issue with this system as you will have to carry an air canister? How difficult to get all the air out to pack up? What's her name and I do alot of camping on our bike trips, and our 3 man square dome is easy to set up and tear down.

Kyle

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Kyle has a point... can you get the air out when you break camp? A flat tire on the bike is one thing, but I'd hate to have a flat tent and end up with it in my face in the morning! Also if the wind kicks up, this tent would probably get blown around quite a bit, not having a rigid pole stucture to keep its shape. Add to this the complication of an air source to inflate the thing.

Just my opinion - I'd probably never buy one - seems like a gimmick to me.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks Guys for the input. You can check out the demo's here http://www.airzonerecreation.com/tech/demo.htm

I have a 12v compressor that runs off the bike, figured this would beenough for inflation, according to the website deflation is a breeze. The Co2 cannister seems like good option if speed is of the essence. Weight 29lbs , pack size 30" x 12" x 12"should fit over the passenger seat OK I reckon. I would like to know about the quality of the product, buying over the internet unseen makes me nervous.

BB

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Dunno, been many times I woke up in the f*rt sack in the middle of the night with a rock digging into my back 'cause the air mattress died. Tent poles aren't very bulky!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.