Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 232 Posts

·
Administrator
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Okay, I am in the New Format version, and the Yellow is all washed out. No color saturation, get someone who can see colors to fix it....

it must match the Legacy Yellow.
Man you are keeping me on my toes.:laugh:

Let me see if they can tweak it to more Big Bird.:wink2:

Jeff

·
Just one of the guys
4,796 Posts
Well crap, now you went and completely ruined it. I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE this yellow!!!!!!

On the previous format I used the light blue. Then you changed it and the only thing available in the classic format was yellow, so I have been using the new. Now you screw it up by going yellow, but don't give another color choice nor is their a color choice in the classic.

This site just became really really irritating.

·
Administrator
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Well crap, now you went and completely ruined it. I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE this yellow!!!!!!

On the previous format I used the light blue. Then you changed it and the only thing available in the classic format was yellow, so I have been using the new. Now you screw it up by going yellow, but don't give another color choice nor is their a color choice in the classic.

This site just became really really irritating.
Ok, we can put up a poll and take a vote.

It takes the team 2-3 days of work to create another color view so not sure if I can get it approved.

Maybe a middle ground between yellow and white?

Jeff

·
Just Winging It
3,325 Posts
Untitled.png

I think the yellow is the same.

It's dark blue headers that make the yellow looked washed.

I like the way the old version has hidden the grid lines

I also like the look of the old buttons better.

The "edit" is working thanks and keep up the good work.

Reactions: wingmin

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,311 Posts
Jeff,

The 'new yellow' is lighter and more harsh on my eyes.... it also lacked the darker saturation of the yellow in the perimeter areas.

Surely they kept a copy of the White Version before the change over to this yellow format in New Style?

Why not keep the color choices like we had before, at least two or maybe a 3rd choice?

The old colors are still listed, just not available at the moment.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,311 Posts
!!!! WARNING !!!! Do NOT select "Topify SEO"

"Topify SEO" will totally ruin your day, DO NOT SELECT THIS CHOICE !!! :surprise:

I screwed my Firefox browser, I can't do anything with it on the forum, and I don't see any way to revert back to any of the other color choices.

I am not having to use IE or Chrome.....

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,311 Posts
"Topify SEO" will totally ruin your day, DO NOT SELECT THIS CHOICE !!! :surprise:

I screwed my Firefox browser, I can't do anything with it on the forum, and I don't see any way to revert back to any of the other color choices.

I am not having to use IE or Chrome.....

Wow, what a ClusterMuck that was....
I finally figured out a way to fix it.....
In Firefox, I had to go to Tools/Options/Privacy/Remove Cookies

then I selected ONLY the cookie for Goldwingfacts

all is well now... :grin3:

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
So far so good, but..........

I used to be a lifetime premium member,I have been around since 2007, suddenly I am just a senior member.

Did I get demoted for bitching?

Correction, since Dec 2006, just read my own profile!!!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,311 Posts
So far so good, but..........

I used to be a lifetime premium member,I have been around since 2007, suddenly I am just a senior member.

Did I get demoted for bitching?

Correction, since Dec 2006, just read my own profile!!!!!!!!!
Of course you did, >:)

I will fix it though....

·
Just Winging It
3,325 Posts
I'd like to see twice as many threads under "Active topics".

I don't care about the few seconds saved by having less there.

·
Administrator
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Jeff,

The 'new yellow' is lighter and more harsh on my eyes.... it also lacked the darker saturation of the yellow in the perimeter areas.

Surely they kept a copy of the White Version before the change over to this yellow format in New Style?

Why not keep the color choices like we had before, at least two or maybe a 3rd choice?

The old colors are still listed, just not available at the moment.
The new format is needs to have a separate build for each color/theme and the team is backed up a few weeks so let me know what you prefer white or yellowish? We should be able to to revert back to the white or maybe a slightly grey background if that helps but I can't keep requesting to switch them back and forth.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
I do have one good thing to say about the new layout. I was going to post a pic of my new Candy Red 2015, but as there is one at the top of the first page I don't need to.

However, despite some serious searching, I am still unable to find all the stuff that used to be on the home page.

·
Administrator
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
I do have one good thing to say about the new layout. I was going to post a pic of my new Candy Red 2015, but as there is one at the top of the first page I don't need to.

However, despite some serious searching, I am still unable to find all the stuff that used to be on the home page.
Tools drop-down menu at the top and select GWF links.

Jeff

·
Administrator
22,400 Posts
The new format is needs to have a separate build for each color/theme and the team is backed up a few weeks so let me know what you prefer white or yellowish? We should be able to to revert back to the white or maybe a slightly grey background if that helps but I can't keep requesting to switch them back and forth.

Jeff
Thing is Jeff, it seem like 90% of the users seem to prefer the old look. (Classic) I don't think it's so much the color, but that the new look seems juvenile, like pages from a kid's book. So why screw with the look of the forum just to add some new features? Add those features to the "classic" view and let things be. Seems like that would be a lot less work for you guys, too.
If you want to build something new for the tablet crowd, then fine, but don't screw things up for the PC users in the process.

·
Administrator
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Thing is Jeff, it seem like 90% of the users seem to prefer the old look. (Classic) I don't think it's so much the color, but that the new look seems juvenile, like pages from a kid's book. So why screw with the look of the forum just to add some new features? Add those features to the "classic" view and let things be. Seems like that would be a lot less work for you guys, too.
If you want to build something new for the tablet crowd, then fine, but don't screw things up for the PC users in the process.
Unfortunately it is not that easy, this update also addresses some security, usability, and opens up a lot of new features for us that the older version can not.

Once users get you tot he change and try it out for a bit it will grow on them, we have done this update to 200+ site in the last 12 months and people who hated it at first now love it.

Jeff

·
Administrator
22,400 Posts
Unfortunately it is not that easy, this update also addresses some security, usability, and opens up a lot of new features for us that the older version can not.

Once users get you tot he change and try it out for a bit it will grow on them, we have done this update to 200+ site in the last 12 months and people who hated it at first now love it.

Jeff
OK then, can you simply use the graphics, color and fonts now being used in the classic forum?

·
Just Winging It
3,325 Posts
I still think that just changing the theme color to yellow would help a lot. The blue bar and white letters is distracting.

Also the member names were larger before.

101 - 120 of 232 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.