Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 140 of 232 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,700 Posts
So can someone help direct me to the "Bikers Workshop" . It used to be in a list of many topics on the homepage . DO I have to revert to Classic to get the old system ? If so can I switch back in forth ?

·
Administrator
57,958 Posts
So can someone help direct me to the "Bikers Workshop" . It used to be in a list of many topics on the homepage . DO I have to revert to Classic to get the old system ? If so can I switch back in forth ?
it is under TOOLS/GWF LINKS
the very first topic, labeled Goldwing Workshop Tutorials

GWF meaning Goldwing Forum

to get back to the forum, scroll to the bottom and select Home or Message board (forum)

I'm in the new format now, just to verify what I am saying is so....

The links in the list is very lengthy, and more than one page full, so move your mouse over on top of the new popup list and then you can scroll all the way to the bottom of it.
They did a good job of keeping all of our lists that we were using.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
why the change?? the old format works. why mess it up with this one??

·
Administrator
57,958 Posts
IS IT ME??
using classic theme the SEARCH function does not work from most pages.
same for quick links
IF, you are reading a Thread, there are TWO Search Links.

The lower one says "Search in this Thread",

up above on the Command/Title Line is the normal SEARCH link.

that has worked for me every time I have used it.
You get the best results though if you will open Search, then Advanced which is in that popup Search Window.

It is fast, and equal to using Google Advanced Search

I am using Classic most of the time, my eyes like it better....
but the Search Function is the same in both formats.

Quick Links opens up a very long list of items to select from.
You need to put the mouse cursor over the list, and if you have a roller mouse, just roll the screen up/dn to find what you want.

If no roller mouse, use the up/dn buttons on your keyboard.

·
Administrator
21,955 Posts
I have a question, or suggestion...or a questionable suggestion.
Can we put a time limit on threads so they can't be replied to after, say, a year? Make it so they can be read, forwarded or whatever, just closed to posting.

·
Administrator
21,955 Posts
Yeah, it wouldn't be something you could take care of manually. It would have to be something automatically imbedded into every new thread. Maybe it's not worth the bother. Just seems like we get these spells of dead threads dug out of the grave by a post that's sometimes not even related to the original thread.

·
Administrator
57,958 Posts
There is one very good thing about the old threads being brought back to the surface.
I test each of them to see if I have them bookmarked, if I don't, then they get added to the forum index....

Just like the one that showed up today on GL1100 LEDs in the instruments.

I can always move the posts if they need to be in their own thread.

·
Just Winging It
3,324 Posts
Just so long as the long running threads are still post-able like the scavenger hunt. How about closing the thread a year after the last post is made. But even then threads like gamblers shock rebuild or the braided brake line thread.????????????????

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
I'm referring to the top one between new posts and quick links which btw also inop.
have to go to my control panel before search will work even to find my recent posts

·
Administrator
57,958 Posts
I'm referring to the top one between new posts and quick links which btw also inop.
have to go to my control panel before search will work even to find my recent posts
Going to need some more info. What browser are you using, and what operating system? Win7?

I am using Win7 desktop PC and Firefox and Classic Yellow, and the Search always works for me, I don't recall it ever not responding to me the way it should.

In the New format, it is under TOOLS, then Search....

·
ɹoᴉuǝS ɯoʇsnƆ
2,621 Posts
Any news about having the "darker" colors available in the Classic mode yet?

·
Administrator
57,958 Posts
Any news about having the "darker" colors available in the Classic mode yet?
There won't be anything done on that until after all the other projects are finished. Jeff said that it takes about 3 weeks to completely do a color change over format.

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
Buddy!!!! Go away foe a while come back, and I thought I had gone to another web site.. Found the Classic setting and now its more or less what I was used to..The "Like" button is a good thing, I like that.. I'm having problems looking at pictures posted, and it is still way too hard to post a picture for me.. Just leave the classic Yellow up and I'm good with it..

121 - 140 of 232 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.