Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I got an Android "powered" LG Enlighten, now guess what, whatI always thought was, that they where battery powered and that ought to tell you what I know about them.

Enlighten me people, I'm sure in some of ya'alls eyes I messed up big time butI got what I got comin'and it's gonna be here tomorrow, help me out fellas!

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
imported post

I've been using HTC smart phones from US Cellular for a couple of years now, and when I started you could have written everything I knew about smart phones on thebackside of a postage stampwith a dull crayon. Now I don't know how I could possibly havesurvived without one for the first 45 years of my life.

My best piece of advice to you is to develop a relationship with thefolks in your cellular provider's local outlet. The folks at US Cellular have been extremely helpful during my education. I would recommend them to anybody, but I'm sure that many providers will do just as well.

Don't be afraid to ask questions. You might feel foolish for a moment, but think how foolish you'll feel if you find out later that you haven't gotten anywhere near you money's worth by not utilising the program properly.

·
Administrator
Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,268 Posts
imported post

I can only echo and post a +1 on what coachk64 said.

Keep playing with it, and just remember, the software cannot be broken. The worst you can do is have to reformat it back to where you started tomorrow.

I have had mine now for 10 months, and lordy, how in the world did I manage my life without this thing???

3 weeks ago, "it happened". It crashed big time, it rebooted, came up, said hello world and then it rebooted.

I tried all the tricks that I had learned from the Android forums to fix it. Finally I did the "Last Ditch Effort" that the Android forum had taught to me.

I did a Zero Reformat to OEM specs. About 30 minutes later, I had a working phone, all of my contacts list was restored and none the worse for the ware (wear).

Oh, I lost some data that I had stored in my Memo Pad, but even that I recovered with my Backup Manager that I had installed. I highly recommend that you do that first off. It is an APP called "Backup Master"

You get it off the Android Market Place.

https://market.android.com/

You will have to create a login name, but that is nothing. Most of the apps are free, but you will come to learn eventually that a precious few of them are worth paying the $1.99 for the PRO versions.

Go here to start your reading and learning exercise.

Once you find the actual forum for your own phone, bookmark that forum. Saves a lot of time if you don't have to start at the Home Page.

http://androidforums.com/

·
Administrator
Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,268 Posts
imported post

Oh, that Android Forum that you will be signing in to?

it keeps a list of all of the apps that you have installed. IF you really have to reformat the phone and start all over, you can replace every app you had, even IF they were $$$ apps within an hour or less.

I honestly did NOT loose anything that hurt me. Only a few hours of wondering what page did I have those apps on?

And even that is a easy fix. You just create Screen Shots of each of your home pages. With a camera, or with the internal phone's Screen Shot utility.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.