Premium Member
370 Posts
imported post

$24 for shipping! Big ouch.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
imported post

Seen those. They look good but I was wondering where they are made. Possibly China? or some other knockoff country? Looks just like oem stuff. Coming from Canada and they also have a matching tach.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Dan Kelly wrote:
That's why I did a best offer deal of 50 bucks for it and it was automatically accepted, so do a best offer of 30 and I bet it gets taken.

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Only thing I'm not seeing in the wiring loom is the wiring for the turn signal indictor

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

MDKramer wrote:
Only thing I'm not seeing in the wiring loom is the wiring for the turn signal indictor
I think you're right Mike. My current OEM speedo doesn't have it either, I also don't have the turn signal cancel feature on my 1100 either.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

the self cancling sigs came on the 83 and up i belive. all so cast wheels , taller gearing , and so forth.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

From the forum history page. Guess I'm supposed to have the self canceling signals so I guess they just aren't working, don't need them anyways.

"The wheel rims were now wider (2.5" front and 3"rear) to allow for wider tyres on all models and self-cancelling indicators were fitted to all models from 1982."

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

I don't know on the self-canceling, but there should be a circuit that activates a loud clicker when the signal is on below 40mph, and changes it to a peizo buzzer at 40mph and up

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

MDKramer wrote:
I don't know on the self-canceling, but there should be a circuit that activates a loud clicker when the signal is on below 40mph, and changes it to a peizo buzzer at 40mph and up
You're right on that, even the wiring schematic shows it.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
imported post

I have the self canceling. To me the right stays on longer than the left then flips off. I find myself hitting it twice when turning left because it cancels so ,much quicker. I don't hear anything so mine may not be working quite right. Is there a relay in there for each side or just 1? JR

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

Dan Kelly wrote:
It is coming from Canada and probably has to go through a customs routine.

This is one reason Canadians are reluctant to purchase from USA, the shipping costs and customs charges are exorbitant.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
imported post

So true. Seems anything going International has just gone through the roof in shipping and customs.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
imported post

hmmm I have self cancelling on my 82 GL1100..they cancel fast with a loud 'click'.

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

My '84 has the self cancelling and seems to cancell out on me before I make the turn, but I don't hear any clicking, maybe a bad relay or something.:baffled::baffled:

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

The 1200's dont have a very long flashing cycle before they turn off. I think it is time and distance and there isnt a way of altering it, at least we havnt found a way.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
imported post

Finally got it Friday but didn't get around to installing it till today. Looks really good and tested with a cable and drill setup.

Got 1 little bitty problem though, found out the cable end sheared off at the bottom when the old drive went south on me. So, got another cable coming from Crescent Moons.

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
imported post

MDKramer wrote:
I have the 81' Wing, just a Standard, that clicker was so LOUD, all riding with me could hear it, when it quit working couple weeks ago, I did'nt even bother asking why...

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

tricky wrote:
Dan Kelly wrote:
It is coming from Canada and probably has to go through a customs routine.

This is one reason Canadians are reluctant to purchase from USA, the shipping costs and customs charges are exorbitant.
Having recently retired from Canada Post after 35+ years of service, the parcel rates up here are easily twice that of the USPS! When I have to mail a package that is bound for the US, I ride the 35 minutes to Oroville WA and use the USPS, as it is so much cheaper

The most economical method of receiving goods in Canada from the US, is via USPS. Brokerage charges are only $5 ..... and then you have your taxes and duty fees(if any) on top of that.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.