Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I would like to see Honda develop a factory type riderbackrest option likeona Harley Davidson Ultra Classic. The stock seat on the HD came with a slot already manufactured into the seat to except a removable backrest. No modification, no cutting, just remove the seat, mount the backrest bracket to the frame. After reinstalling the seat all you had to do then is snap the backrest into place or remove it if so desired.

It was one of the best features on my Ultra Classic.

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts
imported post

This is why we pay Kikker the big bucks! He is always thinkin! I do agree! If Honda would provide a back rest as an option, we would buy it!:cooldevil:

Especially after a 700 mile one day trip!:clapper:

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

This should be one of the items on top of Honda's list.

·
Premium Member
10,010 Posts
imported post

i agree with you kikker, that was one of the most endeering things with my ultra also, and the passenfer armrests, honda need to sit up and listen to their buys not put out of date electronics and crap on them, two of the most sought after items for a wing buyer are the backrests and of course the safety chrome.....i would rather spend my $28,000 on a new ultra than buy a new 1800 any day the way things are

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Tattoo Taffy wrote:
i agree with you kikker, that was one of the most endeering things with my ultra also, and the passenfer armrests, honda need to sit up and listen to their buys not put out of date electronics and crap on them, two of the most sought after items for a wing buyer are the backrests and of course the safety chrome.....i would rather spend my $28,000 on a new ultra than buy a new 1800 any day the way things are

I have tendency to agree with you. I had a beautiful '06 2-tone Blue Ultra Classic. If it weren't so hot to ride and cost so much for expected repairs and the constant fear of something going wrong, I would still be riding one. That was one sweet ride. It may not be the power house that the GL1800 is but it was far more comfortable on a long trip for me.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

Thats one thing the Goldwing lacks, a factory backrest or at least as an option from Hondaline. Maybe one day...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.