Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

put in new thermo switch bike will run about 3/4 before fan turns on?also po.had a toggle switch.he unpluged fan and wired direct.between fan and male plug.now that i have put oem switch in and try to hook toggle switch up .he has one wire from switch run to battery.if i take one wire and touch it to toggle fan will run with key off turn toggle off fan stops.but running backwards.if i switch wires around it will blow main fuse when i turn key on.what am i doing wrong want to keep toggle as back up if i can:?:?

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

Wire the toggle switch with both wires going to the thermo switch, one wire to each side.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

here is what ive done.thermo switch was bad.po unpluged fan and put toggle switch in he had spliced wires behind the plug that goes into the fan.i pluged main wireing harness back in.i put oem thermo switch back in fan works like it should.want to wire toggle switch back in as back up.here is what happens with key off toggle on fan runs backwards.switch wires turn toggle on nothing.turn key on fan starts running right turning toggle on or off fan still runs till you turn key off.dont know what i am doing wrong.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
imported post

Sounds like the contacts in the toggle may have stuck or melted together in the on posistion. This did occur after the fuse blowing didn't it ??? :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
imported post

k1w1t1m wrote:
Wire the toggle switch with both wires going to the thermo switch, one wire to each side.
As was previously posted. The thermo switch is basically just an automatic toggle switch. As bike heats up the switch closes, completes the circuit & the fan runs. This works fine as long as the thermo switch works.

By doing what's quoted you have created a back up with your manual toggle switch. Make sure it can take more than a 4 amp draw as thats what the fan will pull when it starts.

You don't want to put your toggle switchinto the wiring to the fan itself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.