Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put on a new Michelin Pilot Activ Rear Tire on the front of my trike reversed with Dino beads in it, what ya think?

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
I run the same thing on my 1500 2 wheel wing.
Rides good, quite, good traction, lasts a long time.
Check air often of course, mine would lose a couple PSI over several days and I never found a leak anywhere.

It's a great tire when you get a good one but like all tires there are some defective ones.

Check right away if it has much side to side wobble or bounces up and down. Raise the front and spin it and watch it.
My first one 2 years ago was bad and replaced free, a few weeks ago a friend had a similar problem when we mounted his new one. He took his back to dealer he bought it from and told me they tried 2 others that were in stock and both had similar problem, so he ended up with a different brand tire which was better but still not perfect.

They will cup like any other tire will, and since they last longer they can cup more.
Mine still rode well with the cupping but I could feel it in tight slow turns like parking lots. Still good tread, and the tire has more miles on it than a normal front tire would have lasted I'm sure.
I had bought a parts bike and it had a better front tire so I swapped wheels.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,275 Posts
I am also using this tire, but on my two-wheeler, also. A little over 9,000 miles on it to date (put it on last year) and as of yet no ride dterioration (cupping) or anything. Great wear, quiet, works well.
I am running it backwards, and will try my next one forward rotation.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Just put on a new Michelin Pilot Activ Rear Tire on the front of my trike reversed with Dino beads in it, what ya think?
It's What ya think
I was happy with the one I had and now Chromo is enjoying it after 12,000 miles

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Yeah, I couldn't make up my mind which way to go so put my tires on sideways.:rollingeyes:

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Yeah, I couldn't make up my mind which way to go so put my tires on sideways.:rollingeyes:
Chromo knows that tire I had on the SE was sideways! It still rode great?!!?! I put it on the 99 Aspencade for a week and a half and had it up to 85 mph and no shakes, no hops! He kept it under 85 mph towing that monster trailer back to MO. :?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.