Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Decided on the Dunlop elite 2 k491 tires for the 1200.

That's what was on the bike when I got it, but they were dry rot. Based on what I see and read, I think it's the best tire for me.

Now, where would you recommend getting them?

Looked at Dennis Kirk and they seem to be pretty fair priced. Rocky Mountain didn't have the size I needed (on their web site).

Input please.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I didn't see the elite 2 k491 on their site

Did you get that ToD pin yet?

If ya didn't, I got another one, I'll get it in the mail when I get home, you should have gotten that by now, it been a month.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

jobe05 wrote:
Did you get that ToD pin yet? If ya didn't, I got another one, I'll get it in the mail when I get home, you should have gotten that by now, it been a month.
Just came in this morning! :congrats: :bow:

I'll need a last name though, to make out that cheque for you. :waiting:

Rocky Mountain has them :stumped: - Front.... and ....Rear

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks Ken, I couldn't find these on their site for the life of me, and they have a good price on them.

I hear a lot of people say good things about them so I wanted to make sure I gave them consideration.

Glad you finally got the pin, don't worry about sending a check...... Gonna cost both of us more in shipping that the check is worth.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Thank you, Sir! You are very generous! :cool: :bowing:

As for Jake Wilson/Rocky Mountain ATV/MC, I find them the cheapest for tires, when all is said and done. Fast, free shipping is also a big plus! :cooler:

When I buy my Dunlop E3s, they are the ones I buy from. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Do you know of a place that would show the height of the tires? Dennis Kirk shows some of the heights for some of the tires, but not a good site to compare tires. I know the 491 elite II is 25.5 inches tall, but that information does me no good without being able to compare it to anything, like the shinko I'm running now.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,205 Posts
imported post

Dusty Boots wrote:
+2

I just ordered a new set for my ST1100 this morning at 0433 AM California time.

I called the store at 0810 their time and the front tire had already shipped out the door. The rear tire is on a 2 day delay but will be here at my home by Thursday, guaranteed!

This is the 3rd time I have bought tires from them, and I will continue to do so because of their fantastic response.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Yes, I checked them, due to that's where I got my last front tire and was very pleased with the service. However they are more expensive than Rocky Mountain, by a fair amount.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Disfunctional Nimatode
3,381 Posts
imported post

I was thinking dunflop was gonna discontinue the elite II's? Jake Wilson & Dennis Kirk have been the nest for me. I DO like the elite II...... I got 24,000 miles out of a rear on my old 1200.

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
imported post

Dancinbear wrote:
I was thinking dunflop was gonna discontinue the elite II's?

I was under the same impression, there were even a few post here over a year ago about some old stock Elite II's and the whole born on date thing about old tires. I ran them for several years on my 1200's also, but gave up on them when I couldn't find them one summer...:gunhead:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.