Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I know this is going to get some island dweller's goat, butI just ordered a new set of Elite IIIs for the Red One! Hope they get here before the last of the tread on my back tire disappears.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
imported post

I wonder how long it will take Redwing to weigh in and tell you that you should have bought some Bridgestones instead.:goofygrin:

G

·
imported post

Hey exavid :whip: I have told you so many times before that BRIDGESTONES are the best tyre on the market. :clapper:I think this neighbour of mine has them fitted to his aircraft, so thats good enough for me. :weightlifter:Maybe dunlop has got it right this time with the elite 111's. :crying:

:walker::18red::walker:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Hey exavid :whip: I have told you so many times before that BRIDGESTONES are the best tyre on the market. :clapper:I think this neighbour of mine has them fitted to his aircraft, so thats good enough for me. :weightlifter:Maybe dunlop has got it right this time with the elite 111's. :crying:
I've been satisfied with the Dunlop Elite IIs so I decided to give the IIIs a try. As for Bridgestone, I had a little Bridgestone bike for short time, it didn't even have Bridgestone tires. So if they won't put their own tires on their bike what's going on here?

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Paul, I had a set of EIIIs fitted to my 03 recently (just after the frame recall). I had to get them in from the UK. So far so good, 1200 miles and no problems. The grip in the wet is better than the EIIs I had on a GL1500 but I do find that the rear tyre wanders a bit on tar lines. These tyres warm up much quicker than the EIIs. I know I'm comparing the GL1800 to the GL1500, so you may have different experiences with them on your Goldwing.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

03Silver wrote:
Paul, I had a set of EIIIs fitted to my 03 recently (just after the frame recall). I had to get them in from the UK. So far so good, 1200 miles and no problems. The grip in the wet is better than the EIIs I had on a GL1500 but I do find that the rear tyre wanders a bit on tar lines. These tyres warm up much quicker than the EIIs. I know I'm comparing the GL1800 to the GL1500, so you may have different experiences with them on your Goldwing.
Ambrose, I don't know how similar the bias ply for the 1500 would be to the radials you have. Anything would be better than my worn rear tire, when I push the bike backwards I can feel the cupping.

G

·
imported post

03Silver wrote:
Paul, I had a set of EIIIs fitted to my 03 recently (just after the frame recall). I had to get them in from the UK. So far so good, but I do find that the rear tyre wanders a bit on tar lines.
Hey 03Silver :waving: I told this exavid guy to buy Bridgestones :clapper:but he wont listen. :whip: Now when he reads that your tyres are wandering all over the place he might take heed of my advice. :crying:

G

·
imported post

exavid wrote:

I had a little Bridgestone bike for short time, it didn't even have Bridgestone tires. So if they won't put their own tires on their bike what's going on here?
But Bridgestone didn't make tyres away back in those years. :doh:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
03Silver wrote:
Paul, I had a set of EIIIs fitted to my 03 recently (just after the frame recall). I had to get them in from the UK. So far so good, but I do find that the rear tyre wanders a bit on tar lines.
Hey 03Silver :waving: I told this exavid guy to buy Bridgestones :clapper:but he wont listen. :whip: Now when he reads that your tyres are wandering all over the place he might take heed of my advice. :crying:
I like wandering! And if I do the tires have to!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.