Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Could it be thatCousin Jackshould be given the title "Forum Bard" rather than "senior member". We all enjoy his writing when he feels the muse. I personally look forward to his entries as I am sure most of you do.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Aaaargh! No!

(Thanks, Bob! Love ya, buddy, but.........)

Aaargh! No!

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I think he is being humble. I just think that it is a way to say thank you CJ your writing makes us all feel good.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Just the fact that some of you (not all by a long shot!) like them, that's enough.....

And yes, Tany, that's a definite no..... please!

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I would honor his request and say thank you for your writing and wisdom

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

Bob W wrote:
Could it be thatCousin Jackshould be given the title "Forum Bard" rather than "senior member". We all enjoy his writing when he feels the muse. I personally look forward to his entries as I am sure most of you do.
i'll second the motion

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Since he doesn't like "Forum Bard", I'll suggest a high honorific from one of my favorite authors.

"Wordslinger"

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

Well, CJ has been a big influence on many of us. His musings and writing style has encouraged many of us to try to be a little more interesting when we write. I like--no, love--his style and CJ, I am grateful for your stories.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
665 Posts
imported post

The ability that Cousin Jack demonstrates in his prose is a gift. Some have it, most like me don't.

It brings pure joy to this board. Please keep them coming!!!

Does he need a special title ... it would be a way to show how much we enjoy his contributions.But, hehas told ushe does not need nor want the recognition.

That makes his gift to the board that much more valuable.

Well, I hope I said that right. When it comes to using words to say what I mean, I feel like a butcher with a chain saw. :baffled:

Bob

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
imported post

Call him whatever he wants, the man has a gift that he shares with us. I think CJ could take a simple task and make itsound interesting.

The Yellow Whizzer could be about the latenite bathroom trip, and I would read every word.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
imported post

MDKramer wrote:
Since he doesn't like "Forum Bard", I'll suggest a high honorific from one of my favorite authors.

"Wordslinger"

Mike
I think this one deserves reviving- Cousin Jack, "Wordslinger" that's perfect! :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

I don't know how I missed this, the first time. Hmmm...I must have been out riding? :?:cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

now come on pete, wake up and smell the coffee, you havent bee in hibernation that long, have you?:stumped::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

CJ is in touch with life, with nature, and has a gift of how to explain it all. I always enjoy his stories. You can be there without being there.

He can also take a sheepskin and a couple ammo boxes and make a touring bike out of an ST1300. :):)

Kit

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

I think the title fits and the man is worthy. Call him what you will; he will always be "friend" to me! Thank you for sharing your gift, CJ!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

i'm off to the isle of man in the morning bernie, catch you when i get back, please pass on my regards to lois

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack already has a title... it's "Cousin Jack". That's the best one I know of and if you spend any time on the board at all, you come to look for Cousin Jack's postings and look forward to the next day's goodies from him.

Long live Cousin Jack! Thanks Mel...I enjoy all of your stuff.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Oh, Lord.........

The trouble with titles is that a man will often gum up the works trying to live up to it....

How about: "Cousin Jack: Forum Flim Flam man!"

Thanks guys, but if I had a choice for a title it would be this, the only title I truly cherish and protect:

"Cousin Jack: The unbelievably fortunate husband of Red!"

Attachments

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
imported post

Well said CJ

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.