Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Top poster title for whoever has the most posts?

• YES. Make a "top poster" title available.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, leave things as they are.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I think our top poster, Redwing should have his very own title. As it is anyone who isn't a guru will be a very active member like redwing when he or she hits 250 posts and as this fine forum matures there will be lots of very active members in the coming year. Perhaps the title "Top poster" or similar for the man who has the most posts (currently Redwing) should be added. I know most of Reds posts are rubbish (he admitted it himself once), but as Renegade pointed out, he gives us all encouragement when we tackle jobs on our Wings and never have I seen a flame post from him.

So my poll is for us to vote on a new title, "top poster" for whoever has the most posts. The poll will run for 5 days and I've already sent a PM to the Admin and he promised to implement it if the vote is yes.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I still think there should be a special title for Redwing. Elsewhere I posted the possibility of "Very Active Guru-like Member". Perhaps "Top Poster Guru-like Member" might do it. I don't think any other solution is going to reduce the complaining. After all those embarrassing begging episodes over mana, I really don't think things are going to settle down without some form of guru in the title. If not for Redwing we should do it so poor old Shep can come home. For these reasons I will have to abstain from the poll in it's current form.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
imported post

I vote for Grand Poobah of the board. :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

Or maybe "Elder Lemon". :p

Redwing is unusually quiet on this one. Perhaps he is thinking up an appropriate handle himself?

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

If you give him a top title ,,like top poster or very active guru sort of,,or cigar smokin island man ,or something else ,,we will never hear the end of the begging for something else ,,NO I say let him beg ,,let him crawl,for at least another month ,,you saw the amount of brown nose ing he did just to get a barrel of MANA,

When he reaches 500 posts we should give him a few barrels of MANA ,and then he could have the title ,,OVER ACTIVE MANA MAN ...:walker:...

Come on lads stick together on this one dont give in to the whimpering and crawling ...even Shep his dog had the sense to get lost when he had enough .....KEEP THE FAITH ..CIaran :waving:

PS by the way BenMc what did he offer you for starting this ,,?I will have to start an enquiry into this post ,,And if I find he has bribed you ,,he will earn the title of VERY INACTIVE MEMBER ....:jumper::jumper:

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
imported post

Must have been you gave the lone NO vote wexman. Why not "manic poster" title instead.Redwing isvery quiet about it. He can hardly still be in bed, I think I remember him mentioning that he wasn't a tippler so he must be up and reading this by now. :p

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

I don't know, I am going to need a place to sleep when I visit.:waving::waving: I think he deserves some sort of distinction.:clapper::clapper::clapper:"Super Poster" perhaps. See,, I am not above a certin degree of sucking up.:cool::cool::cool:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

He is as cute as a fox:cool: ,,he is staying quiet and watching what happens:dude: ,,god it must be hard for him to stay quiet ,,,,,I would say he is at this very moment biting the edge of the table trying to restrain himself from jumping on the keyboard :jumper:,,,I can just imagine him ,running over to the keyboard and then having to pull his hand away and then going back and tryin to restrain himself from typing ,,God ,you would almost feel sorry for him ,,,SO REDWING GET TO THE KEYBOARD AND GET TYPING,,,,,,,go on dont be shy ,:action:,,Oh think of all the lovely messages you are missing out on ,,go on ,go on,go on:action::action: ,,TYPE TYPE TYPE .:whip:...........Ciaran

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
imported post

goldwinger wrote:
I don't know, I am going to need a place to sleep when I visit.:waving::waving: I think he deserves some sort of distinction.:clapper::clapper::clapper:"Super Poster" perhaps. See,, I am not above a certin degree of sucking up.:cool::cool::cool:

Super Poster sounds good, much better than top poster.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

Sorry to be the voice of reason but this has been done on other Forums with people posting absolute drivell just to get to the top position. You even get guys posting the same post twice claiming it was done in error just to get the No1 spot. When something is going well, as this forum obviously is, then why tamper with it. We all know that Redwing doesn't need a title as he knows he is No1 without the label given he is a reclusive, shy, unasumming individual.

God am I getting boring or what??? :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

Sorry to be the voice of reason but this has been done on other Forums with people posting absolute drivell just to get to the top position. You even get guys posting the same post twice claiming it was done in error just to get the No1 spot. When something is going well, as this forum obviously is, then why tamper with it. We all know that Redwing doesn't need a title as he knows he is No1 without the label given he is a reclusive, shy, unasumming individual.

God am I getting boring or what??? :gunhead:

SORRY IT WAS A MISTAKE. HONEST I DIDN'T MEAN TO POST TWICE. THE BUTTON STUCK. ;)

Secretary Goldwing Owners Club Northern Ireland.

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

Wowwwwww!!! I have never seen so many posts without at least one Redwing post or so many words and nair a :18red::18red::18red::18pink::18grey::18green::18blue::18gold::18liteblue::18red::18magenta::18yellow::18white:to be seen anywhere. I think your right Ciaran, he must have duct taped himself to his chair to stop from responding. I hope he is alright. :D:D:D

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
imported post

Come on Redwing there must be some thing you can think of. Just put your fingers on the little buttons and type. Oh! maybe your out looking at green wings as there seems to be lots more of them then RED.:18green::18green::18green::18green::18green::18green::18green::18green::18green::18green::18green::18green:

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

It just has to be SUPER POSTER, nothing less will do. It means that all the non gurus will have a lot of catching up to do.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hey lads a full 24 hrs and no word from REDWING :baffled:,,,Jaysus it must be killing him sitting there and trying to refrain from typing :whip:,,,maybe he has gone looking for SHEP :walker:,or maybe ,with all the excitement of being promoted he jumped up and knocked over the PC :jumper:,,or maybe he just forgot to pay the phone bill ,:stumped:,,

I have asked the local police on the Islands if they get a report of a man with his hands nailed to a table to stop him from typing to let me know ,,,and if anybody has any information on the whereabouts of our top poser,,sorry poster let me know :skipping:,,

If he doesn't show up soon he will lose the top poster position ,,maybe red was not the fastest colour after all and now he is depressed ,,,

REDWING come back all is forgiven and WE MISS YOU .:crying::crying::crying:..Ciaran

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
imported post

There's only two things will keep Redwing from posting (well three if he's choked to death with the strain of sitting on his typing fingers);

1. He's on holidays

2. He's lost his specs again!

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

How about you start with "GU" (that's pronounced GOO). Ciaran? It's a start that may appease him, at least for a while.:waving::waving::waving:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.