Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(inspired by a recent post from a valued, long-term member......)

Some of us on here, including myself, are reaching that point where you might call us, ahem, "long in the tooth." Old f*rts, in other words....! And some of us, including myself, have gone or have thought about going to lighter, easier to handle bikes and scooters.... down-scaling, so to speak. And most of these folks have hundreds and thousands of miles under the front wheel...

I propose a new forum title for such distinguished riders: Goldwinger Emeritus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emeritus

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
2nd that Mel. Much needed.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's no shame in aging, unless you've done nothing to better the human condition. Or at least tried to better the human condition.... In that case, you own the shame -- no matter what your age.

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Or, you could go with "Geriatric Wingers?" :eek::grin:

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts

My left knee is starting to hurt just reading this post !

·
New Guy
791 Posts

Some of us on here, including myself, are reaching that point where you might call us, ahem, "long in the tooth." Old f*rts, in other words....! And some of us, including myself, have gone or have thought about going to lighter, easier to handle bikes and scooters.... down-scaling, so to speak. And most of these folks have hundreds and thousands of miles under the front wheel...

i know the post you're referring to and wholeheartedly support your suggestion. i've only been a member of these boards for a couple of years but i've learned a lot of things from some of you guys ... to have these long time riders and contributors just drop away without some form of recognition seems wrong to me.

good suggestion!

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Who is getting old? Certainly NOT me!!!!!! 65 isn't old is it? I work out 3 to 5 times a week in the gym. Have a 34 inch waist and feel as fit as I was in my 30s. So 65 is just a number. When I retire next December I might start feeling old!

Just kidding! I like your idea Mel!
Dubs

·
Premium Member
67,667 Posts
Mel, I think that's a scary thought :eek:.. Having a constant reminder the clock is running and time is getting shorter.. I know my time is approaching faster then I care to think about.. Do I need an extra tug, I don't think so... :ssshh: Senior Member is enough for me...:applause:

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
During Biketoberfest I saw an old fella with a T-Shirt stating: "Sons of Arthritis". I just thought it was funny as heck and wanted one for the future.....

·
Just one of the guys
4,832 Posts
You can go into your profile and change your title to anything you want it to be so go for it Mel.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
In our club, we just call ourselves "The Retired Old Guys"... We take some kidding from the other members about having "6 Saturdays and a Sunday" for our week, but it's all in good fun... And even funnier is that most of us old retired guys are riding silver 1800's so we are "The silver hairs on the silver Wings" ... ;)

Les

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts

I don't think that quite applies. Emeritus usually refers to someone who has retired from the normal full time occupation. Currently it might apply to me since at the moment I am sans 'Wing.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
My thoughts are not of age, but ability.
When I can't get my bike on and of the centre stand, I'll give up two wheels and make it into three.
Paul

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
Sorry CJ, but my first thought when I saw the thread title was "Pot. Stirrer". Not detrimental, but meant as a compliment.

·
dlg14
178 Posts
I got this one from my sister "DON'T WORRY ABOUT OLD AGE, IT WON'T LAST THAT LONG"

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry CJ, but my first thought when I saw the thread title was "Pot. Stirrer". Not detrimental, but meant as a compliment.
Not meant to stir any pots, simply meant to honor a past member for his many exploits and contributions.....

Like all forums, this has grown so big that one can't say anything without some people somewhere on it taking umbrage or feeling outrage ( I know you didn't mean it that way....). In a sense, it's almost too much trouble to post on this site any more..... the larger the site, the more petty the criticisms.

Fiddle on it.

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Lord have mercy, I hope my comment didn't offend anyone? I can assure you, that it was posted in jest and not meant to demean anyone.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lord have mercy, I hope my comment didn't offend anyone? I can assure you, that it was posted in jest and not meant to demean anyone.

Naw....ignore what I said....pouring rain today, can't ride, hike, or bike, wifie is at work.....feeling a bit "crunchy!" Besides, I'm a curmudgeon..... most people my age are dead already.....

Sorry everyone.....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.