Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Members - I bought a 78 Honda Gold wing GL1000 4 cylinder without knowing anything about it except it ran poorly. Found out it was just running on 2 cylinders. Opened up points cover to see it had a Dyna S Ignition system. Is that a CDI system? I ordered Accel Super Coil Kit Inductive Discharge 4 Cylinder (Two-Coil) 140403. Installed and do not getting any spark. I know because I have one of those lights you plug into spark plug wire. The only spark I get is when I turn the ignition key from run to off. It's just a quick flash of spark when you decide to turn key off. Did I order the wrong coils? Should I have ordered 140404? What can I do to get my Honda Gold wing running? Read somewhere that wires of 140403 be reversed to act like it is an Inductive ignition system? Don
:praying2:

·
Premium Member
58,282 Posts
Hallo dmowry1157

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

·
Administrator
24,362 Posts
The Dyna has failed, not all that uncommon. No it is not CDI, it is an electronic ignition module to replace the points. If it were mine I would find the needed parts and go back to a points ignition. At least it can be fixed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts