Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hey Guys Been a While. About A Year Actually! HadARun At 07 Vstar 1100.

Not My Cup Of tea. Just bought 1984 Honda Goldwing Aspencade!Seems To haveHave Been Taken Pretty Good care Of. Any advice Of Do's & Don't ! Like How High Or not How High To RPM"S Ya Know Stuff Like that Would be Greatly Appreciated!! I'm trying To Include A picture!

Let me Know What You Guys Think!

Sure Is Good To Be Back On a Wing:)

Thanks In advance

James

Attachments

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts
imported post

Howdy Flatwing. Welcome back and congrats on the new Wing.

The 1200'shave a decent redline, around 7-7.5k if memory serves. They prefer to be run above 2K and have an interesting powerband around 4.5k. :action:

If it doesn't already have a volt meter of some sort, I'd install one. The stator is probably the biggest concern on the 1200's, and while speaking of that, make sure the 3 yellow stator wires are soldered where the plug used to be on the left side in front of the battery. If the plug is still there, you'll want to hard wire it. You can find lots of info on this by doing a search on this forum, but feel free to ask if you want. :)

If you don't know the maintenance history, I'd check and change all the fluids, check the hoses, possibly change the timing belts (that's been a discussion in itself ;)), check the brake pads, etc. You should also check your wheel bearings for any looseness, and when you get a chance to remove the rear wheel, lube the drive splines. Run some seafoam in the gas sometimes to keep the fuel system clean and ride the heck out of it. :action:

John

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
imported post

I like your color choice there........ one thing that mine ran into is the three yellow wires right after I bought it started to go. You can check the plug and it will look ok one day and let you down the next. I would go ahead and do what was mentioned no matter what as well as replace the dogbone fuse with a blade type.

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

I shift gears on my 1200 around 3500 RPMs, anything below 2500 and you will be lugging it down. :)

:12red::cool:
Dean

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

Don't forget to keep the final drive splines lubed!! The PO of my bike did not. I didn't know until I had the tires replaced a month after the sale. The rear and drive flange were wrecked.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

Thanks Guys, I'm A little disappointed In Only 6 Responses W/ a 136 Views! Oh Well I Do ThankAll Six Of You For Your Time!

Thanks Again:shock:

·
Premium Member
3,794 Posts
imported post

As already mentioned above. Stator plug, new cam belts, and grease the rear-end with Moly-60 paste. Then you can get into the basics of fluids/filters,plugs, tire air psi and the rest of the P.M.basics. Get yourself a manual or down-load one from the Reference/FAQ section.

Mostly, you got to get that Wing on the road and enjoy it...:action: :gunhead:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.