Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up my first Goldwing tomorrow. 2009 with ABS. Look forward to learning lots about my new bike. Been riding for 15 years now. Any tips or advice on this new to me bike would be great.

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,708 Posts
1st, suggest you go to a LARGE parking lot when it is mostly empty, and practice slow speed turns, and then figure 8s until you get acclimated to near 900 lbs of bike under your britches.

Practice using the foot brake for speed control, with the clutch in the "slippery zone" ( don't move the clutch lever ) and hold the throttle steady at just above a good idle....

Doing that, will allow you to complete very tight turns, at unbelievably slow speeds...

I make it a habit to practice this at every stop light if it is RED before I get there.
Makes the traffic behind you wonder how the heck are you keeping that bike upright? you look like you are dead stopped, but moving forward by inches, not feet.

when you get it good, you will be able to make a 360 turn inside the white lines of two parking spaces easily.

·
Premium Member
65,804 Posts
Hallo Iceman3161

Welcome on this nice forum. Wish you al the best.
And good luck with your Wing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts